Banana PC jr. 6000 - Alpha Build

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to see that you are still working on this project! I was hoping to see it completed.

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Case Back - Bottom
Interior.pdf - pages 10 & 11
B.1.9​
Exterior - Apple/Banana/Veidt.pdf - pages 4 & 5
B.0.8​
Paper Box - Corrugated
All small.png
Bottom Interior
IMG_0185.jpg IMG_0186.jpg IMG_0187.jpg

Glue B.1.9 to the corrugated cardboard and trim.
IMG_0189.jpg

Bottom Exterior
Non-Banana small.png
IMG_0191.jpg IMG_0193.jpg IMG_0195.jpg

Glue B.0.8 to the opposite side of the corrugated cardboard. Glue Rubber Feet to the circles on B.0.8.
IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0196.jpg
Non-Apple & Veidt small.png
Glue B.0.8 to the opposite side of the corrugated cardboard.
IMG_0190.jpg IMG_0192.jpg IMG_0197.jpg

Cut crosses as indicated through the B.0.10, corrugated cardboard and B.1.9.
IMG_0200.jpg IMG_0199.jpg IMG_0201.jpg

Last edited:

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Case Back - Side Walls
All small.png
  • Left Inner Wall
    • B.3.4 Interior.pdf - pages 1,7 & 8
    • B.2.3 Exterior - Apple/Banana/Veidt.pdf - pages 2 & 3
  • Left Outer Wall
    • B.1.10 Interior.pdf - pages 13, 14 & 15
    • B.0.9 Exterior - Apple/Banana/Veidt.pdf - pages 20 & 21
  • Right Inner Wall
    • B.3.5 Interior.pdf - pages 7,8 & 13
    • B.2.4 Exterior - Apple/Banana/Veidt.pdf - pages 8 & 9
  • Right Outer Wall
    • B.1.11 Interior.pdf - pages 1, 2 & 3
    • B.0.10 Exterior - Apple/Banana/Veidt.pdf - pages 5 & 6

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Side Wall Assembly
Left Side Wall Parts

B.1.11 | B.0.9
B.3.4 | B.2.3
Right Side Wall Parts
B.1.10 | B.0.10
B.3.5 | B.2.4

Align parts using the vents and the angle inside of B.3.4 and B.3.5.
IMG_0244.jpg IMG_0277.jpg
I'm not sure I like the warping. Thinking of using cardboard on interior, which would send me back to Rhino for the pattern. Suggestions anyone?

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Back Wall
All small.png
Part - Page
B.0.1. - Exterior - Apple/Banana/Veidt.pdf - pages 13 & 14
B.0.11, B.0.12, B.0.13 - Exterior - Apple/Banana/Veidt.pdf - page 1
B.1.1 - Interior.pdf - pages 9 & 10
B.2.1 - Interior.pdf - pages 5 & 6
B.3.1 - Interior.pdf - page 4
IMG_0281.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_0282.jpgIMG_0287.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Side Wall Assembly
Left Side Wall Parts

B.1.11 | B.0.9
B.3.4 | B.2.3
Right Side Wall Parts
B.1.10 | B.0.10
B.3.5 | B.2.4

Align parts using the vents and the angle inside of B.3.4 and B.3.5.
View attachment 164897 View attachment 164898
I'm not sure I like the warping. Thinking of using cardboard on interior, which would send me back to Rhino for the pattern. Suggestions anyone?[/QUOTEUsing cardboard everywhere except the vent holes would be prudent. This looks really good. Really, it's coming out great!! :)

Using Cardboard,cutting out squares for the vents would be prudent, and make for a stiffer models, maybe even add some formers!! ;)

Last edited:

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Yes, Z. That's what I'm thinking of doing. I'll be on vacation for a week, so I'll probably have fun updating my model in Rhino with a inner cardboard layer.

The back wall, however, is coming along nicely. I'm using very little Elmer's Glue All; only enough to provide tackiness between parts. Align the parts on the cutouts. Lift up a edge and then use Scotch Super 77 as the final adhesive. Then press the hell out of it.

B.0.1 & B.1.1
IMG_0289.jpg IMG_0291.jpg

B.2.1 glued to B.1.1
IMG_0292.jpg

B.3.1 glued to B.2.1
IMG_0293.jpgIMG_0294.jpg

Some of the Scotch spray glue got on the printed side of B.0.1. I was able to rub off the glue without taking any color off. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Adding in the badges; B.0.11, B.0.12, B.0.13
IMG_0295.jpg

Got that great two-level effect the Knights Who-Formerly-Said-Ne wanted.
IMG_0296.jpg IMG_0297.jpg

Looks like I have to fix B.0.12's (name badge) dimensions.
IMG_0298.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Not really a rip. More of a tribute. Besides, here's the real inspiration.
View attachment 164929
View attachment 164924

I forgot to mention, I loved these comic strips you posted, they are hilarious. I also Love this model you are making. It will definitely become a classic, and since I do build computers (I've never purchased a "ready made" computer, always built them from scratch. I would be interested in building my next one with your template as a reference . I have a small machine shop, and a sheet metal brake, so it would be easy for me to make this out of steel or aluminum, probably easier than the paper one!!

Excellent progress and subject matter. Extremely Impressive............though now that I know you too are a Rhino user, I will keep reminding you that we know that you are "One of us, One of us, Gooboo Gabba, one of us"!!!! (Excellent movie by the way!

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
Using Cardboard,cutting out squares for the vents would be prudent, and make for a stiffer models, maybe even add some formers!! ;)

<headdesk>Used too much Elmer's Glue All...water based...of COURSE it'll warp.</headdesk> The back wall turned out perfect, so I think I've got the method down; use just enough Elmer's to be tacky, put pieces together, lift corner and spray Super 77 between parts.

Still need to make minor mods, though. I was concerned with weight. That's why B.1.10 & B.1.11 look that way. That design decision definitely contributed to the B.0.9 & B.0.10 looking wavy.

I can have cardboard pieces shaped like B.3.4 & B.3.5 which will solve issues with attaching the case front to the back and increases the glueing surface for all the joints in the case back.

So close the holes in B.1.10 & B.1.11 and add pattern for cardboard pieces.

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
I forgot to mention, I loved these comic strips you posted, they are hilarious. I also Love this model you are making. It will definitely become a classic, and since I do build computers (I've never purchased a "ready made" computer, always built them from scratch. I would be interested in building my next one with your template as a reference .
Cool. Just make sure it doesn't walk off.
banana-kitchen.gif

BTW check out http://toastytech.com/guis/banana.html

I have a small machine shop, and a sheet metal brake, so it would be easy for me to make this out of steel or aluminum, probably easier than the paper one!!
God, I hope so.

Excellent progress and subject matter. Extremely Impressive............though now that I know you too are a Rhino user, I will keep reminding you that we know that you are "One of us, One of us, Gooboo Gabba, one of us"!!!! (Excellent movie by the way!

Thanks and agree on Freaks. Back in the dark days of the first DVD my wife and I would harass video store clerks by asking about three films; Freaks, The Terror of Tiny Town and Wizards. That was fun while it lasted.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
There are many B&W movies that would just scare the pants off of people who think they can see anything. The thing is, these old movies come back to in your dreams, and everyone dreams in Black and White!!!

DJPinter

Trusted Confidant
I’ve got the cardboard bulkhead parts designed, papakuraed & PDFed. I’m going to build the Banana base to see if my design can handle the extra weight.