Bachmann 0-4-0 Porter

Cascade Man

Mar 9, 2010
First I want to give a shout out to Bill Nelson for helping me find the elusive Grandt Line O scale ore cart. I have another challenge for the forum... Does anyone know anyplace that still sells Bachmann 0-4-0 Porters?!?!?!?! I looked on Bing, Google you name it! I picked up one of these beauties earlier, but I have to have anotherone! Or two.. :mrgreen:. Thanks everyone for help. I started my first model a few weekends ago. Sierra West Scales O scale Rigging Shed. It is turning out gorgeous! I will post pics soon.

Cascade Man

Doctor G

Sep 1, 2008
Clarksville, Tennessee
Re: New Porters

I have another challenge for the forum... Does anyone know anyplace that still sells Bachmann 0-4-0 Porters?!?!?!?! I looked on Bing, Google you name it! I picked up one of these beauties earlier, but I have to have anotherone! Or two.. :mrgreen:. Thanks everyone for help.
Cascade Man

Hi Cascade,

Yes, I love those Porters too. Here is a shot of my two hauling sugar cane on my On30 Sugar hauler set in 1920 Haiti.

Bachmann is re-releasing (If this is a word?) the Porters in On30. I was at the National Narrow Gauge Convention this weekend and the B.mann booth had a brochure on new releases for this year and it included the On30 Porters with sound and DCC. This has also been a big topic on the On30 "Conspiracy" web site as well. It will be a lot more expensive with all the goodies crammed in.

I was able to buy Porter #3 at the convention used (and running) for $25. I think the new ones will be 10X as much MSRP.

Hope this helps.

Doc Tom:wave:

Attachments

• Porters.jpg
    Porters.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 19

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
These wonderful inexpensive models (O scale narrow gauge was extremely expensive before the Bachman 0n30 stuff arrived), come in batches from China, so they are not continuously available.

I found another Porter in My dad's old stuff. I gave one to Dr. Tom, and I have one all cut up trying spread it to on3. I'm going to hang onto it as is for now. I have an On3 construction number 60 shay I have to do something with, and an on30 Climax, with sound, that I intend to spread to on3 (an easy conversion). I also have, missing it's tender an 0n3 Balboa C-21. I was going to sell it, but with the recent cast locomotives available project locomotives like this no longer bring in the big bucks, so I'll probably keep it and build a tender.

I was going to do an O scale switching layout, but the space needed to do what interests me is humongous compared to what I am used to in Ho and Hon3.

Bill Nelson

Cascade Man

Mar 9, 2010
Thanks for your input gentlemen! Maybe I will get lucky and stumble across one. Its a bummer though that I can'tfind one! Maybe I'll just wait till the new ones with sound come out. As always thank you!

Cascade Man