zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It sounds too god to be true. I read the article. I hope this comes to fruition. Such a fantastic series. Thanks!!! :)
When I saw this, I instantly thought of you! I feel the same way! There have been so many promises of different SCCI-FI series being rebooted, but they did not come to fruition. I am not going to hold my breath on this one.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I love that show. It had a bumpy ride because Warner and the network did not realize its full potential and always cut the budget but I was so glad that MJS was able to tell the story he wanted to tell. What he achieved is truly remarkale. He wrote 111 episodes and directed the only one he did not write. His work inspired me to write "Galactica 6551". B5 is one of the few shows which do not have one weak episode. The show had so many unique and interesting themes and characters. Garibaldi is my favourite, BTW. A pity that so many of the cast have left us already. I vividly remember the time the network changed and MJS feared that the show would not be renewed for a 5th and final season. So he pulled all the stops and removed all redundancy to finish the big story in season 4. As a result a single episode had so much content like what you normally would see in an entire season of a show. That made the show thrilling and exciting unlike any other of that time. On the downside you had to watch it regularly to understand what was going on. One day I missed one episode. So much happened in that episode that it took me four more to catch up. :)

However, even though I like seeing B5 coming back I basically hate the term "reboot". Why must everything be rebooted? Of course there are several examples of successful reboots like "BSG" and the "Planet of the Apes" movies but telling the same story over and over again may indicate a lack of creativity. I'd rather see a continuation. Ah well, at least here we have the original creator on board, so there is hope. :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
I saw this, and to be honest, I dunno. I hate, repeat hate, reboots. The number of botched reboots outnumbers the good ones.

I just hope that it's a continuation with reference to the original series, but stays true to the feel and style of the original, in a similar way to Star Wars. Wait, that didn't turn out so good, not a good example..