ArtZone Paper Sculpt, Clown Fish and Turtle

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
My wife found these today at Ollie's Bargain Outlet, a closeout and seconds store, so I picked up the clown fish and the turtle.20200502_181210_resized.jpg

They both look to be 3 page paper models with the directions on the back of the color sheets.
20200502_181219_resized.jpg

I'll get to these after I finish my current plastic project.

micahrogers

Staff member
I am starting the turtle, since my wife loves turtles, and the last one I made her got smashed.
20200515_092224_resized.jpg
a pick of sheet 1
20200515_091848_resized.jpg
construction starts with the head (2 parts) and neck (2 parts)
20200515_092139_resized.jpg
20200515_091358_resized.jpg
I had to take a break from the Galor, I put 2 decals on, the 3 days of Micro Sol and Set, and they are still bubbly. Still, only 8 decals left on it.

micahrogers

Staff member
whoever designed this must have been a real Noob, the parts don't fit, every joint, I'm having to manipulate the tabs to go somewhat where the should. As a result, there are very noticeable gaps and misaligned lines.

micahrogers

Staff member
assemble progresses, 1st page of parts all built.
20200515_101853_resized.jpg
from behind the gaps are clearly seen.
20200515_104112_resized.jpg
and the belly,
20200515_104121_resized.jpg
next the front legs, then finish the shell.

micahrogers

Staff member
I got the front legs on...
20200515_142834.jpg
Okay, he's gonna build up cute I guess.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
whoever designed this must have been a real Noob, the parts don't fit, every joint, I'm having to manipulate the tabs to go somewhat where the should. As a result, there are very noticeable gaps and misaligned lines.
OH DEAR! :sadno:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It IS cute, really! :)

If you had scanned the template you could have made the necessary adjustments and printed a more fitting version. ;)

micahrogers

Staff member
But that would require the knowledge of how to manipulate images. And sadly, that is knowledge that I do not possess.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It does represent some revival of the hobby, and at the same time causes for it's demise.
That's exactly what I had in mind when I read about the fitting and texture issues. How come that there are countless paper models available on the web, even for free, for beginners and pros, which are better engineerd than this one. It is a pity because the kit looks like fun but leaves the builder frustrated and unsatisfied. Ah well. Micah, you did the best you could and it's great to know that your goal was achieved! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Legally, you would be making your own design...... Modifying theirs wouldn't be worth the hassle. ;)