ARMORMAN's WARHAMMER 40K Models Thread

NobodyUknow

I'm not familiar with them, but I believe they are Warhammer Fantasy designs...

The scenery behind the models (cobblestone road and masonry type walls on the buildings) as well as the overall "steam punk" sort of design also is quite telling, note the steam piston on the side of the mortar-like one, as well as the "coupling rod" on the one with the cattle-catcher attached to the front.

If I had to guess, I'd think they were Dwarven in design, but the flashy red does make one wonder about orc influence... But why no painted on skulls and attached pointy bits and parts that "mak eet go fastah"? All in all they seem to be too clean and well maintained to be original orc works, perhaps captured and repainted? Or maybe just a Dwarven unit that digs red and gold/yellow?

Still neat though!

William1105

This might be a really dumb question, especially for my first post, but I noticed on some of the models recently, especially the Lightnings and Thunderbolts that they are noted as being in 1:60 scale. Are these different sizes than the "correct" 40K models, or do they serve some other practical purpose that I'm completely missing?

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
I believe that they are the same size as the GW/FW counterparts....provided you print them out on A4 wide paper.

William1105

Ok, cool. It didn't seem like there was any real difference. I just have some really specific projects and builds in mind and these models are going to be great for them.

Kjev

This might be a really dumb question, especially for my first post, but I noticed on some of the models recently, especially the Lightnings and Thunderbolts that they are noted as being in 1:60 scale. Are these different sizes than the "correct" 40K models, or do they serve some other practical purpose that I'm completely missing?

They are designed to work with 40K minis and be as close to the "official" plastic/resin Games Workshop/ForgeWorld/Extortionally Priced models.

While not legal for official tournaments (as far as I know), they are a great way to bulk up your army, try out new armies, or even use parts and bitz to tweak "official" models. They can even be printed, glued to plastic, and used to make plastic models, if you want to go to that much effort.

William1105

Fortunately, I'm not planning on any "official" tournament play. Just some army projects to play some games with friends.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
If you build it well enough, or use a GW box....they'll never know the difference... ;)

Attachments

• ftiso.jpg
    ftiso.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 19
  • side2clr.jpg
    side2clr.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 24