Are there any carnival or amusement park rides available as paper models?

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Are there any carnival or amusement park rides available as paper models? I found a carousel paper model for download and I've been looking at a pedal car model to see if I can kitbash it into a bumper car. I've finished my design for the Joker's Funhouse to use as a Batman and Joker action figure display and was thinking about a large scale display play-set for the Joker's Carnival. I've figured out several things like the ticket booth and a Joker test your strength game plus several game booths but ride models have been hard to find.

Thanks
Lee

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Let me see I may be able to grab some parts from Left For Dead 2 .. or from some of the MODS we just have to change them enough to call or own! There is one section that is a theme park!!

Lee Clifton

Let me see I may be able to grab some parts from Left For Dead 2 .. or from some of the MODS we just have to change them enough to call or own! There is one section that is a theme park!!
Thanks for the help. I've started my build of the Joker Clown Car. Its a repaint of a pedal car kit. Will be posting the build thread soon. Heres the Joker's Funhouse I designed. This is a simulation to show scale with 6 inch action figures.
Lee
Funhouse Mockup-with-figures-web.png

Gandolf50

Staff member
Thanks for the help. I've started my build of the Joker Clown Car. Its a repaint of a pedal car kit. Will be posting the build thread soon. Heres the Joker's Funhouse I designed. This is a simulation to show scale with 6 inch action figures.
Lee
View attachment 156823
Love it! ..Reminds me of the tunnel of Love ride in LFD2 ..just that little bit creepy! Hey how about a shooting gallery? Don't really need a model for that..everything is a set of layers inside a box with a front! And one of those strong man things..you know use the mallet and ring the bell..could be neat..or knock down the bottles get a stuffed toy!..all these don't require models...just some fabrication!

Lee Clifton

Love it! ..Reminds me of the tunnel of Love ride in LFD2 ..just that little bit creepy! Hey how about a shooting gallery? Don't really need a model for that..everything is a set of layers inside a box with a front! And one of those strong man things..you know use the mallet and ring the bell..could be neat..or knock down the bottles get a stuffed toy!..all these don't require models...just some fabrication!

Thanks. I was thinking about a shooting gallery with Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock and a few others as targets. I found a toy deformed Joker figure thats tall to start with. I'll work on a paper model and stretch it taller for a strength game. Harley Quinn carries that big mallet, so I could stand her beside of it. Also thought about a Whack a Mole turned into Whack a Bat. With the Joker and Harley Quinn I could make a "Tunnel of Mad Love" ride". This will make a great action figure display and movie set for a photo comic book. It could be the "Joker's Carnival" with all of the Batman Rogues attending the carnival.

Lee Clifton

Thanks Zathros! This is a great one. I love the detail. I'm taking a break surfing the web for a while. I've been working on the build and photos of my Joker Clown Car this weekend. The layers I designed for the Joker Jester head to go on the grille were a pain to cut out but they are looking great assembled. Hope to have it finished and the build thread done this week. I found a model I'm adapting to turn the clown car into a bumper car.

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I think amusement rides is an area that is wide open in paper modeling. I saw many one off projects that would make nice dioramas. In case you didn't know, there is a simple model of the Disney Monorail that I found years ago and uploaded into the "Resource" section.

Your "Joker" car is brilliant!! :)

Lee Clifton

Thanks Zathros! Its just a repaint. I wish I had the know how to create in 3D like you and a lot of the others here can. I got the layered Joker Jester head for the front of the car cutout, edges colored, and glued together today. Will start a build thread this week. Was thinking about one of the "Kiddie Rides" today with maybe 4 to 6 cars to use in the Joker's Carnival. I have the Joker and Harley Quinn clown cars designed. How about Riddler, Penguin, Two Face, and Catwoman versions. All of those with a "skirt" added would also work for a set of Bumper Cars. I agree with you on the amusement rides being wide open for paper modeling.

Gandolf50

Staff member
Thanks Zathros! Its just a repaint. I wish I had the know how to create in 3D like you and a lot of the others here can. I got the layered Joker Jester head for the front of the car cutout, edges colored, and glued together today. Will start a build thread this week. Was thinking about one of the "Kiddie Rides" today with maybe 4 to 6 cars to use in the Joker's Carnival. I have the Joker and Harley Quinn clown cars designed. How about Riddler, Penguin, Two Face, and Catwoman versions. All of those with a "skirt" added would also work for a set of Bumper Cars. I agree with you on the amusement rides being wide open for paper modeling.

Speaking of Kiddie Rides... Just some Ideas and inspiration...these are a bit "DARK/Foreboding"
Kiddie_Land.jpg ..LFD2 ramp to Kiddie Land

Dark-Carnival-The-Fairgrounds-left-4-dead-2.jpg Merry-go-round with some rockets...and simple stuff

Dark_Carnival_Shooting_Range.jpg ..Shooting Gallery..is extremely simple...ShootingGallery.jpg

Bummpercars.jpg ..best I could do at the moment for bumper cars..but you figure it is just one big square area with/without island in center..ramp in-ramp out... all the details are in the front and the signs! Everything is made of boxes with textures on them and a few props with different textures used over & over....

TentConsessions.jpg Got to have funnel cakes and the like!

a few things..I have...CarnivalTent.jpg Bumper-Car.jpg StrongMan.jpg
...Just holler! I also have the Mail Drop Box I was talking about long time ago..as well as the newspaper machines...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You know, I could come up with some 3D models if you wanted to texture them. Post some pics so I can see what I can come up with. That bumper car looks doable. :)

Lee Clifton

Love the Bumper Car guys. I could repaint them using the Joker and Harley Quinn Clown Car graphics. The bumper cars would make great dioramas. Maybe bumper cars with the Justice League or the X-Men. I did a mockup today for the "Strongman Game". I'm thinking a sign reading: "Test your Strength, can you ring the JOKER's bell?" Notice his face is the bell painted.

Joker-Ring the Bell-workup-web.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Your art work astounds me. Contact me by email if you want to collaborate on something. :)

Carnivals, and amusement park rides, and associated ancillaries are not properly represented in paper. They should be. I wonder why they have not been tackled?

Lee Clifton

Thanks Z! With a few changes I'll work on this one after I get the Joker Clown Car built. That bumper car above from Gandolf50 looks like it would be a great project. I totally agree with you on carnival and amusement rides being kind of missing from paper models. Along the same lines SD deformed vehicles could be used to make kids coin operated rides like the ones that used to be in malls and in front of stores. I've always wanted a model of the coin ride Batmobile that the Penguin uses to remote control the Batmobile in "Batman Returns".

Lee Clifton

Speaking of Kiddie Rides... Just some Ideas and inspiration...these are a bit "DARK/Foreboding"
View attachment 156866 ..LFD2 ramp to Kiddie Land

View attachment 156867 Merry-go-round with some rockets...and simple stuff

View attachment 156868 ..Shooting Gallery..is extremely simple...View attachment 156871

View attachment 156869 ..best I could do at the moment for bumper cars..but you figure it is just one big square area with/without island in center..ramp in-ramp out... all the details are in the front and the signs! Everything is made of boxes with textures on them and a few props with different textures used over & over....

View attachment 156870 Got to have funnel cakes and the like!

a few things..I have...View attachment 156873 View attachment 156876 View attachment 156872
...Just holler! I also have the Mail Drop Box I was talking about long time ago..as well as the newspaper machines...
Thanks Gandolf. I'd love the Mail Drop Box, the Newspaper Machines (I've repainted several for my action figure displays), and the Bumper Car would be fantastic. Anything I repaint you are welcome to a copy.

Gandolf50

Staff member
OK.....Let me finish up with the Scammel and I will be free to concentrate on some new stuff ...

daishi

There are also great resources in the Nuka-World DLC for Fallout 4. It being basically one big amusement park with multiple thematic sections. They are all post-apocaliptic/rusted/beat up thou, so you will probably need to repaint.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
daishi: do you think you could post a link? The only few things I could find cost money and it wasn't clear what they were selling. If their content is pay for, then make a post saying so, and don't bother posting a link, as everything on this forum is geared towards the free and open part of the world. I thank you for any comments and ideas you may come up with. We appreciate any info too. Great drawings of amusement park rides can lead to great models, so post whatever you find. ;)

daishi

daishi: do you think you could post a link? The only few things I could find cost money and it wasn't clear what they were selling...

Yeah you are totally right on that one I just saw the Left 4 Dead pictures and I thought hmm Nuka World has some of those too, especially that funhouse part.
That being said Fallout 4 + DLC being a computer game it is totally not free.
Couldn't find any good pics but here is a vid where you can check out the rides if still interested:

Sorry for the confusion I might have caused.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Actually, just being able to see the rides could make for some inspiration, and that is always a good thing!! :)