Apocalypse Vehicles Development - quick look # 107

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Are you doing work on Rick and Morty? I like these concepts. I have a similar concept for a motorcycle that looks much like "Rey's Speeder" I drew up around 10 years ago. It wasn't quite as tall, but the idea was a slightly supine position, with most of the weight in front of you, sitting much lower, and further back from the front wheel. Nice drawings. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That's pretty cool!! We watch that show religiously! :)

I drove a motorcycle sidecar rig for around 4 years. I regret selling that side car. I could connect it in 10 minutes, and disconnect it in 3 minutes. Connecting it always required a little finesse. I used to drive my motorcycle in 8 inches of snow. It was just like the one pictured below. Mine was black though, had the shorter windshield, a great trunk, exactly like this one. I mounted a motorcycle Headlight with the 1970's style backing, that all bikes had back then on the inside inside the enclosed third wheel on a bracket. It did not ruin the side car, and was tucked between it and the motorcycle. That thing really put out some light. People could never tell what was coming at them. A cop pulled me over once, just to see what it was he passed! I had some crazy adventures with the sidecar. It sure made camping easy, you could bring everything! :)

Velorex.jpg

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
The bike at .27 in is almost a 1945 Ural M72 or rather to say a 1945 Ural could be used to kitbash into it!!! I got blueprints!
1945 UralM72.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Really cool, wish I have that.

I have kicked myself in the ass for trading that sidecar for a car, but in all honesty, it was a great 1973 Toyota Celica GT which I drove for many many years. Mine was shinier than the one below. I eventually wracked up almost 200K miles on it and traded it for a 1969 Chevy Extended Panel Van, no windows. It ran beautifully!! I drove that into the ground, literally. :)

toyota_celica_73.jpg Spittin' image of my van!! 1969 Chevy Van.jpg