Any On30 folks here

nkp174

There are a few On30ers...some are periodic and some just dabble in On30. I'm the lone On3 modeler.

Off the top of my head...Tin Goat has built Free-Mo On30. I think Sumpter has dabbled. I've picked up a few items in the past...but only for conversion to On3 and On2. I think Conopus has some On30 (I know he does HOn30). Harold drops a note whenever he updates his site (but doesn't really participate in the forum). Recently Shamus past away (a great modeler of small logging). Probably a few people I've missed.

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
I am designing/building an 11 foot by 21 foot On30 sugar cane railway based loosely on the Cuban sugar cane railways. It is taking inordinately long as SWMBO has decreed the basement must be renovated and finished wall1before my 8 year old goes to University. I don't know why she thinks I don't finish anythisign1

MT Hopper

fsm1000

I have an On30 layout.
Actually I am starting my second one since making my website o it. The first one is chronicled on my site if you wanna see it.
Anyhow, I like it for the size and the detail i can get into the buildings I make which for me is the part i enjoy the most.

If anyone lives in the Vancouver area of BC Canada and wants to have a look give me a shout :)

nkp174

I am designing/building an 11 foot by 21 foot On30 sugar cane railway based loosely on the Cuban sugar cane railways. It is taking inordinately long as SWMBO has decreed the basement must be renovated and finished wall1before my 8 year old goes to University. I don't know why she thinks I don't finish anythisign1

MT Hopper

I'd love to see pictures of that as it comes along! I've long felt that On30's greatest potential is in modeling south-of-the border stuff. Unique, exotic layouts...with equipment in comparable shape to what we modelers love (heavily weathered, lots of homemade looking stuff).

Hot Cinder

so many choices

I'm planning a 14 X 10 logging layout with benchwork shaped like a capital E. May change to narrow gauge On30 coal operation though. Something on the narrow gauge operation?????????

Sugar Cane would also be great!

HC

TrainGuyRom

I only dabble.
I don't have the time, space, skills, or money to build an entire layout(although, I am near a break-through)
If you want ideas you should pick up some issues of On30 Annual, by Carstens Publication. I own all four issues. I am in contact with one of the editers, Chris Lane. (their web site is: http://www.on30annual.com/)

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
Apparently Hal Carstens has passed away. According to Chris Lane this will not affect RMC as Hal had not been involved with the magazine for several years. The On30 Annuals should continue on.
MT Hopper

Doctor G

Another Sugar Train in On30

MT Hopper

I also dabble in On30 and I am building an On30 "mini layout" based on the 30" Sugar cane trains that ran in Haiti.

Here are some earlier pictures.

I should probably take this little layout outside and update the pictures as there has been more construction.

Doc Tom:wave:

Attachments

• HAITI Sugar Train - 30.jpg
    HAITI Sugar Train - 30.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 23
  • HAITI Sugar Train - 41.jpg
    HAITI Sugar Train - 41.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 29

kennyrach

I am researching a narrow gauge project. I like the options On3/30 gives me.
On30 uses the American O scale of 1/4" to the foot, (ratio 1:48) to operate trains on HO gauge (16.5 mm/0.650 in) track. The 30 indicates the scale/gauge combination is used to model 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) (30") narrow gauge prototypes, although it is often used to model 2 ft (610 mm) and 3 ft (914 mm) gauge prototypes as well. This scale/gauge combination is sometimes referred to as On2½
Me i am new to on30 and been model trains from way back when i was 8 yr old . i use to own a hobby show and was into N scale and HON3and still am but now into my 51 birthday and now going it this scale on30 0r on3 which is the same > Also you use Ho track with on30-on3 which 18R will give you a nice small layout in a 43" x 96" table