Any clue as to what this might be?

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Stumbled across these pics...no info other than what is pictured....anyone have any clues what it might be?

Attachments

• IMG_6978w.jpg
    IMG_6978w.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6980w.jpg
    IMG_6980w.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 79
Z

Zathros

In all honesty, if you don't know what it is, then who else would? The writing says "Rib Thruster", though that is probably referring to the little box so whatever it is, it has a "Rib Thruster" attached to it.:p:lol:

lehcyfer

Tried to find it on tineye - no results. Did you try to look back through your browser history logs? I tried searching for "necron doomsday ark paper model" but no luck...

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
found a few more pics...

Attachments

• sde.jpg
    sde.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 59
  • iso2.jpg
    iso2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 54
  • ft.jpg
    ft.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 54

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Wow...1 1/2 year hiatus and I come across a new pic (or 2)....

Attachments

• spinesidew.jpg
    spinesidew.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 36
  • spineisow.jpg
    spineisow.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 34
  • spine-unw.jpg
    spine-unw.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 35

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This would look great converted into a Theo Jansen style walking machine! Don't you think? :)

theo.gif

[YOUTUBE]CufN43By79s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RVV-ozgxxtY[/YOUTUBE]

JackFrost

Armourman wins

m2003416a_99120110014_DoomsdayArk01_445x319.jpg

Necron Ghost Ark / Doomsday Ark

The Doomsday Ark is a technological wonder, easily eclipsing the primitive energy weapons of the Imperium. Even fired at low power the doomsday cannon is ferociously destructive; when firing at full effect, its searing energy beams burn many times hotter than more conventional plasma weaponry. Infantry caught in the doomsday cannon's fury are obliterated instantly; armoured vehicles reduced to glowing slag. In the face of a shot from a doomsday cannon, nothing less than a Titan's void shields can hope to offer anything more than a fool's hope of protection.

Ghost Arks are often pressed into service as conventional transport vehicles, conveying reinforcements to some vital area of the battlefield, or allowing Necron forces to attack from an unexpected quarter. The enemy's predicament is made all the worse by the fact that Necrons deployed in this fashion are, to all intents and purposes, accompanied by their own mobile repair station, for the Ghost Ark can fix even those Necron Warriors that are too badly damaged to repair themselves. Only by destroying the Ghost Ark can the foe have any hope of victory.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
zathros thanks for that info about Theo Jansen, i have never seen that before and it made my day ;)

I made the mechanism out of paper, just using nails and a wooden board, because I had to "see it" to really understand it. It is awesome. I would love to see a motorized version of this, low center of gravity and steerable like a tank, clutches on the drives. It could make an awesome movie prop or beach cruiser!

I was so absorbed by this when I first saw it a few years ago, it sucked 100 hrs. or so out of my life. :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
OK, Time to come clean. I am the designer of the Doomsday/Ghost Ark that I have been posting pics of. I have been so buried in life that I didn't want to announce that I was making it and get people all excited and then make them wait forever (like...ehem...say the Talon from Stealth?). Plus this was a test for me to design something with as little CG modeling as possible and working strictly off of whatever photo reference of the parts I could find. I was also pissed at GW and how they have been treating their fans and so wanted to tweak them with a paper model that was as close to the plastic kit as possible.

Having said that, a fellow modeler named Paytrin, just informed me of another, more simple, but nice looking kit that I am going to post a link for over in the 40k goodness thread. I'm still planning on finishing mine and releasing it, but the one noted is much simpler.

Teg35

I will wait for any project of you dear Armorman for as long as it takes, i was just trying to help you, since u get us always new Patoroch models from the russian front, i hope u keep your Doomsday/Ghost Ark project going, from the pics u showed your model seem the best, thats why i was looking so much for it, it just look great, and yes life has a way to demand time from us modelers...the nerve....last year finished noooothing...not one model.......and the one before....zero.....zilch.....short answer: new baby, wait maybe i did build something, well... half of her, and not in paper...lol

Best regards Armorman
Paytrin(on that forum, Teg here)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
The Ark is in limbo for the time being. There is a possibility that the model is too large (possibly by 1/2) and the thing has to be re-engineered for stability. over in my whole bunch o' 40k goodness thread, I posted a nice one created in Brazil (I think) that you could use in the meantime.