another w40k armor thread...

aleks

Hi
I think now is my turn to annoying you with my 40k tanks and various builds.

I thought to start my thread with my very first attempt at building a rhino, about 12 years ago , but it was recently destroyed by two warlords titans...

Now I've try some other build, with toughness as first requirement.
Starting from Bile's rhino template, I've cut out some rough shapes from corrugated cardboard

and then glued toghether to form the basic rhino volume.

Now I start to cover it with layers of thin cardboard, following the template.

and add some washers to made the "wheels" (not my idea, "stolen" from a b.o.l.s. pre heresy landraider tutorial)

Everything was primed with black paint (general hobby acrylics)

with the right colors, you can obtain something like this

or this

Unfortunately, my painting skill is very low, and still I have to complete the model...
and many more are on the way. Hope I can force myself to finish wath I've started.

(All images uploaded with ImageShack.us)

Sanginus

cool idea to build, looks real good,
next time, i´ll try to make a model
with corrugated cardboard

very inspirational thanks

Z

Zathros

The corrugated method you have used is excellent!! I bet that model is really strong. Great job!!

Weasel-Fierce

Nice job! I have a Battle Company of Dark Angels in need of transportation. Seems like you can't get far in 5th Ed without lots of Rhinos/Razorbacks but the cost of GW's models has gotten ridiculous lately. Thanks for posting!

alienhunger

Hi
I think now is my turn to annoying you with my 40k tanks and various builds.

I thought to start my thread with my very first attempt at building a rhino, about 12 years ago , but it was recently destroyed by two warlords titans...

Soon they'll turn into Imperial Class :\

silveroxide

Very good job. I have used corrugated cardboard in the past and skinned it with regular bond paper, the outline of the corrugated cardboard showed through. Later models I used heavier card stock and that eliminated the see though corrugated ribs. Great builds and you did a good job on newobmij's Storm Raven. Thanks for sharing and waiting to see more.

upsilonman

Very good job. I have used corrugated cardboard in the past and skinned it with regular bond paper, the outline of the corrugated cardboard showed through. Later models I used heavier card stock and that eliminated the see though corrugated ribs.
I found similar tricks worked for my IG tanks - corrugated card to fill the structure with cereal packet/beer crate card or thin foam core on the outside to stop ribbing from showing through.

Very nice builds!