Another Blender moment!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I have to say that this is a very cool animation. and who ever made it did a FANTASTIC JOB.
With that being said, it is very reminiscent of some of the nightmares that I had when I was a youngster.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That is pretty amazing. I wonder how much experience over all he had, and how long it took to make that. I find Blender not intuitive, it must be me, I can live with that. That really is superbly done. I wonder what plug ins and add-ons were needed. If you have a link to a page with more info, it would make for good reading. Thanks!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Gandolf50 represents a large percentage of that talent. He knows how to do all that stuff. Allen Tam (Gooduck) also is extremely talented, he presently is doing work on "Rick and Morty". We have other members involved in Anime, and cartoons, and gaming, not all have made their work public, so I am hesitant to name them. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Great video, but it's important to name the other programs used:
Blender
Adobe After Effects-$19.00 monthly, you cannot own this software
Adobe Premiere- %52.99 per month, Full Package, You cannot own this software
Xara Pro- Deal right now for $199, Regularly $349, This software you can own
Moho - Digital Copy, only $59.99, you own this software

I just wanted to post this to show this was not made using only Blender. Most animation requires multiple programs. The Moho software really looks like a deal, and Xara Pro might be a good deal too. I like software you can own.

Adobe has gone into this rental paradigm for their software, which I think sucks, but that's how they do all their software. Maybe their are alternatives.

The video was really well done, it's good to know what went into it, and the experience that allowed it to be made is not calculable.

Lots of elbow grease, and special genius/talent. Animation is difficult for many people, but no matter who i know that does it has to be fluent in many types of software.

It's good to see videos like this, knowing that with not too much software, you can produce this on your PC, if you have that kind of talent, and do it at home. There is an investment in software that must be made, and you have to have a really good PC. Just filing in the facts.

I did not believe that this could be done in Blender alone, it would be nice, but just looking at it you can see other software had to be used, as is the case with most videos and animations like this. Maybe I am stating the obvious? :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
A little more information from Dušan Kastelic

Very TRUE...but the idea was...It was MODELED and Animated in Blender...the rest is just 2d texturing or 2d animation for storyboarding ? not sure what he used Moho for...and video editing...

Just to showcase what is possible in Blender...A FREE Program!!
and if you liked that one...here take a look at this...WARNING...it is LONG and the MUSIC will put you to sleep...but shows time-lapse of Mary Poppins scene and model building...

Last edited: