Angraf Lxd2

Well seems like no one is wanting to post a rail related build here, so I guess I will give it a shot. Here is the start of my current project. Angraf's 1/25 Lxd2 Diesel Engine. Not a overly complicated locomotive as compared to the other offerings from Angraf, but does require some experience with card/paper modeling before taking on. So for a new posting here I present this wonderful little diesel engine:wave:.

Attachments

• Angraf Lxd2 001.jpg
    Angraf Lxd2 001.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 50
  • Angraf Lxd2 003.jpg
    Angraf Lxd2 003.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 002.jpg
    Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 002.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 004.jpg
    Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 004.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 38
  • The Start of the Lxd2 001.jpg
    The Start of the Lxd2 001.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 273
  • Lxd2 Frame 002.jpg
    Lxd2 Frame 002.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 247
Further build photos.:thumb:

Attachments

• Lxd2 Frame 005.jpg
    Lxd2 Frame 005.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Lxd2Frame Build 001.jpg
    Lxd2Frame Build 001.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Lxd2Frame Build 006.jpg
    Lxd2Frame Build 006.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Rear Frame 002.jpg
    Rear Frame 002.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Rear Body Frame 002.jpg
    Rear Body Frame 002.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Rear Body Frame 004.jpg
    Rear Body Frame 004.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 73
Here are some of the goodies I plain to use/add to the building of this neat locomotive. All the items came from Avantcard.biz:wave:

Attachments

• Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 004.jpg
    Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 004.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 22
  • Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 006.jpg
    Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 006.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 007.jpg
    Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 007.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 008.jpg
    Lxd2 Narrow Gauge 008.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 50

Elliott

Nice grill and diamond plate there! I love railroad builds, mine just don't turn out real well yet. Some day......

Hello Elliott, glad to see you respond, the laser cut diamond and square card are most excellent items for any vehicle build. The diamond cut one will be used to make diamond tread and the square cut sheet will be used to make the screen for the cooling fan atop of the Locomotive. I have also ordered different size laser nut/bolts starting @ .8mm to 2mm, MV lens for the control panel and main lights and a nice little oil drum kit, just do not know where to put that one yet. All the items come from bruce@AvantCard.biz. Has alot of neat stuff, 1st class ship and has something for everyone. Check it out, if you model in paper/card, you will be doing yourself a favor by visiting this site. I hope to post some more photos soon.:wave:Rick

Completion of frame

Attachments

• Lxd2 Frame Completion 001.jpg
    Lxd2 Frame Completion 001.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Lxd2 Frame Completion 004.jpg
    Lxd2 Frame Completion 004.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Lxd2 Frame Completion 006.JPG
    Lxd2 Frame Completion 006.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 25
Hello Hi-Torque, I seem to like the Angraf kits better. I have Modelik kits, but the Angraf kits seem to me to be a bit more detailed. I also like the build method f/Angraf a bit better as well. I have been very busy of late and have not got to build much, but hope to change that soon. Thanks for your interest.:wave:RGH

Hi-Torque

Well as you can see from my recent posts in Dioramas, I enjoy building trains so I will certainly have a go at those Angrafs I've been thinking of buying.

Thank you.

Elliott

It'll be good to see you resume when you can Rick. I had heard that Angraf kits were some of the harder ones to build. Not true? They sure do make beautiful looking models.

Hello Elliot, sorry I have not posted for awhile. I am going to have surgery on C4, C5, & C6 of my neck and I hope after this I will be able to again resume construction of the Lxd2. In the mean time I have been studying the drawings for the construction of the Locomotive, and have a better understanding of the building of this fine model. I will post again as soon as I can. Thanks for your interest.:wave:Rick

Thank you for your concern Elliot. I hope after all is done, I will have a three month recovery time, should get the Lxd2 built!:wave:RGH

tschizmar

I think this is a very difficult model to build.
I have this model also.But at the moment i bulid the Modelik Jupiter
AMERICAN STEAM LOCOMOTIVE FROM 19TH CENTURY
Great start