Alien Narcissus papercraft by David Lukens

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
FINALLY! Another milestone has been accomplished: David Lukens has completed his Narcissus escape shuttle from the original "Alien" movie. The model is gorgeous and a worthy addition to the exisiting Alien ship paper models like the beautifully textured Betty, the Nostromo and the massive Sulaco. This model is a master piece and of commercial quality. And it is HUGE! 18"! MIND-BOGGLING!

IMG_1852.JPG

It was my honour to check the instructions, BTW. ;)

There is a small glitch in the parts pages, however (the part numbers on pages 51 & 52 are mirrored since the pages are mirrors of pages 49 & 50), but this is a very small issue because the parts are easy to identify and you know what to do with them. Nevertheless I have already informed him about it, so there is no need to shoot him any mails regarding this.

Here is the link to David's site:

http://insanityunlimited.com/modelplans/

The Narcissus is at the bottom of the page.

Have fun and enjoy! I'll be definitely be building it! :)

RF

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Wow... That REALLY is the actual card model ( just checked) it looks like a molded plastic model...Outstanding!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have taken a closer look at the plans and have to say this:

Pros:

This model is about 95 - 99 % correct. There are a few minor discrepancies which are typical when it comes to papermodeling and model making as a whole. The greeblies are all there, including the mpc R2-D2 foot! Only a few plates are missing on the bottom engines but this is easily corrected since they are present on the top engines. The shape of the lower windows is off at the front which apparently was caused by the look of the prop used in "Aliens" (that one was different from the "Narcissus" used in "Alien" and showcased the same window error). The decals are almost all there (the Afrika Korps palm tree is missing, some are distorted). So, nothing to be worried about.

Width is about 30 cm (without the clamps) which makes it 36" long (= 2/3 - 1/2 studio-scale / 1/36). It's a huge model. And due to the heavy laminations it should be very sturdy when finished.

Cons:

Just a model, not the real thing. :biggrin: :hammerhead:

No landing gear (there was one developed for the filming miniature but that was never used; I have pictures of it) and no interior. I hope this doesn't give @Rhaven Blaack any ideas. Just sayin'. ;)

BTW, I'll be compiling a list of all the parts which have to be laminated and post them here, so that every builder may prepare them all at once. You'll need A LOT of 0.5 card. :)

Tintellaar

FINALLY! Another milestone has been accomplished: David Lukens has completed his Narcissus escape shuttle from the original "Alien" movie. The model is gorgeous and a worthy addition to the exisiting Alien ship paper models like the beautifully textured Betty, the Nostromo and the massive Sulaco. This model is a master piece and of commercial quality. And it is HUGE! 18"! MIND-BOGGLING!

IMG_1852.JPG

It was my honour to check the instructions, BTW. ;)

There is a small glitch in the parts pages, however (the part numbers on pages 51 & 52 are mirrored since the pages are mirrors of pages 49 & 50), but this is a very small issue because the parts are easy to identify and you know what to do with them. Nevertheless I have already informed him about it, so there is no need to shoot him any mails regarding this.

Here is the link to David's site:

http://insanityunlimited.com/modelplans/

The Narcissus is at the bottom of the page.

Have fun and enjoy! I'll be definitely be building it! :)

RF
Hiya, I was unable to find downloadable plans. Just jpg's of the design... ?

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hiya, I was unable to find downloadable plans. Just jpg's of the design... ?
If you look next to the name of the model, you will see [PDF]. Click on it to download the model (look at the attached pic below).
1650895923462.png