ALAN ROSE DC3 Now at ZEALOT!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Someone should design the rest of the plane in that scale to make the WHOLE THING!,!,!,!,!,!,!,!

Feel free to! Even a tail piece subtracting the average wall thickness so it looks like it's sticking through.

In all honesty, there is something quite elegant about this design. Built and mounted, it would be quite a conversation piece and possible centerpiece of many a collection. :thumb:

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Wow!

I came across this last night...... And guess what ? It is already at the printers today!!!!!

I am going to do the smaller (65%) scale. A model of 1.2m is a more realistic size for the lady of the house, as she does not like the idea of a 1.93m model on the wall....
But, compromise is good ...... :mrgreen: (At least I will get to mount it in the lounge for all to see!!!!!

I will start a new build thread when I get underway with the build.

:wave:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I was Happy to see this thread resurrected, and now knowing you are building one, so much the better!! :)

mod_ler

Mr Rose's models are wonderful and I remember them well. I built the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and the Brooklyn bridge for display in the Walden Books in downtown Pittsburgh about 1980. He is really a master.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Normally, I would say not to post in old threads, but it is good to remind members of the fantastic models we do host, this being one of the best, remastered, and even better.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Great job on your model. This picture really shows how big this model is! What do you plan to mount it too? Great job. I love this pic!! ;)

MikeBer

Thanks, Zathros.
They are both mounted on my garage wall. The normal size one is mounted on the left hand side wall of the garage and the big one is mounted on the rear wall, so that people can see it when the garage door is open!

Pic 1.jpg Pic 2.jpg