A Time to Spend

Cbass

Funny how when I was into model railroading actively back in the 1970's, Athearn cars went for $2.98 to 5.98 and powered Athearn diesels around $35 with dummies around $19.95 and you could buy them all day long but I couldn't afford them then.

Nowadays, although the detail has increased tremendously, it seems you can't touch a good quality car for less than $20 ... and as for locomotives, well you know how much good quality unit goes for -- and they don't even make dummy units anymore -- and I am as far away from affording them now as I was in the 70s! BUT if you don't buy what you want now, when its available, that's all she wrote!

DeckRoid

Very nice addition to your registry. I, myself, bought a BLI MT 4-8-2 the day after Xmas. Then was informed that I should buy my 2-6-6-2 before January was over, as that would be the last loco related purchase (including rollingstock, buildings, scenery materials, couplers, ANYTHING RR related) as we are building a house.

In the short term, this is going to rough. I mean, I really wanted to finish some scenery... but in the long term, I get the basement of a 28 x 36 shop all to my own.

Good looking locos... and a nice investment...