A.P. Tucker Spaceship from the Classic Lost in Space

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thank you! However, sometimes importing does not work and you have to use another file converter to do the trick. The strength of stil files is their major disadvantage when it comes to papercrafting: They are too detailed for unfolding. They can however be used as a model to build another low-poly model.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Thank you! However, sometimes importing does not work and you have to use another file converter to do the trick. The strength of stil files is their major disadvantage when it comes to papercrafting: They are too detailed for unfolding. They can however be used as a model to build another low-poly model.
Above my "pay grade" work... Maybe one day I'll try doing this stuff, but I need a much better computer than my now 3 year old laptop, or my now 5 year old "all in one" at home.

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
Above my "pay grade" work... Maybe one day I'll try doing this stuff, but I need a much better computer than my now 3 year old laptop, or my now 5 year old "all in one" at home.
You could download an older version of Blender and start there. I'd recommend something between Blender 2.5 and 2.65.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I can't even do anything in Paint, except resize pics.... I want to get one of those "ReMarkable" tablets, but Yikes $399....

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
OK. The images I posted earlier show the imported STL file in SketchUp. I did not do any editing at all, so you are looking at the "raw data". The wireframe image shows you that unfolding would be possible but it also would be insane to work with it. It is just too complex. I like that the model is segmented in a way that the segments can be used to set the number of the edges of every cone and circle.

@spaceagent-9 : Since you have already started on a coloured version I'll try my hands at a b/w version. If you like, we could combine forces and create one template for all, so-to-speak. I suggest we start a new thread in the scifi section then in order not to hijack Dirk's thread. :)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
OK. The images I posted earlier show the imported STL file in SketchUp. I did not do any editing at all, so you are looking at the "raw data". The wireframe image shows you that unfolding would be possible but it also would be insane to work with it. It is just too complex. I like that the model is segmented in a way that the segments can be used to set the number of the edges of every cone and circle.

@spaceagent-9 : Since you have already started on a coloured version I'll try my hands at a b/w version. If you like, we could combine forces and create one template for all, so-to-speak. I suggest we start a new thread in the scifi section then in order not to hijack Dirk's thread. :)

Sure thing!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Here we go:

;)