A little switching action

...and set out at the materials yard at Kings Port Steel. Later, during another operating session, they will be returned as empties to the salvage yard.

Attachments

• switch3.jpg
    switch3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 444
Raplh. Is the dim/focused on one area light effect intentional? because it really adds to the drearyness of the whole urban penn central setting.

hey dude great pics man. but i have to ask can we get a track plan from you? hope this doesn't sound stupid but how do you get the scraps in the cars? thanks for sharing the pics

13Mt

13Mtrainer said:
how do you get the scraps in the cars? 13Mt

I set up cars as loaded or empty prior to starting an operating session so the gons at Sal's will be already loaded for pick up. I photographed them empty above just for effect. :) I make scrap loads out of aluminum foil that I spray paint browns and reds and then shred into small pieces. I then glue the pieces to a piece of thin balsa wood cut to fit in the gondola. I just pop it in or turn the car over and remove the load as appropriate.

Oh, I'll post a track plan of the layout and a detailed one of the switching area pictured above soon...

Sal!!!! Sorry man! The check is in the mail...yeah..that's the ticket! :D
Ralph

Well, in lieu of a track plan (which I'll try to post some time) here are a couple more pics of local action. First an SD9, still with a Pennsey logo, hauls away two tank cars from Vandelay Industries.

Attachments

• vand1.jpg
    vand1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 229
Once those tankers are out of the way the crew can go back and pull out a string of empty hoppers from Kings Port Steel's materials yard. Meanwhile a passenger train zips by on the main. I need a name for this train.....something NY/PA area...any ideas?
Ralph

Attachments

• vand2.jpg
    vand2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 204
How about "The harrisburg clipper: We promise nothing with break down this time, maybe"