A Little Holiday Video Cheer For Y'all

ezdays

Out AZ way
Wow.....
I posted this on two different forums and not a single response from either one.

:(
Ya know, one thing I've noticed is that around the holidays, many people view, few comment. A person can make the finest Christmas card and post it, and no one comments.... and that's OK. It's just like at home, you get a batch of Christmas cards from family and friends and you don't call each one up and thank them or tell them how nice their card was. It's just not the norm to do that and I think it gets extended to forums as well. Lots of people post nice things, cards, poems, videos and other clever and beautiful things. Lots of people look, enjoy and move on to the next nice thing.

If I had posted a picture of a car that I just spent ten hours weathering, or a building I just scratchbuilt and I didn't get some comments, I'd start to wonder what was wrong. But around this time of the year, you post something Christmas or winter related and you don't expect comments, you just don't and that's not why you post things like this in the first place. If someone comments, that's great, but you can't get upset if they don't, just accept the fact that they looked and they enjoyed.

w8jy

Cannonball, I enjoyed the video! What the heck is that engine? When I pause the video I get enough blurring that I can't see it clearly.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Cannonball, I enjoyed the video! What the heck is that engine? When I pause the video I get enough blurring that I can't see it clearly.

It's the Flying Scotsman

I've noticed that YouTube destroys a lot of my vid qualiy when I upload them. I'm not sure what to do about it. I edit them with DVD quality and they're nice and clean on my computer but get all grainy on YouTube.

ezdays said:
Ya know, one thing I've noticed is that around the holidays, many people view, few comment. A person can make the finest Christmas card and post it, and no one comments.... and that's OK. It's just like at home, you get a batch of Christmas cards from family and friends and you don't call each one up and thank them or tell them how nice their card was. It's just not the norm to do that and I think it gets extended to forums as well. Lots of people post nice things, cards, poems, videos and other clever and beautiful things. Lots of people look, enjoy and move on to the next nice thing.

If I had posted a picture of a car that I just spent ten hours weathering, or a building I just scratchbuilt and I didn't get some comments, I'd start to wonder what was wrong. But around this time of the year, you post something Christmas or winter related and you don't expect comments, you just don't and that's not why you post things like this in the first place. If someone comments, that's great, but you can't get upset if they don't, just accept the fact that they looked and they enjoyed.
ezdays, I hear where you're coming from. I know it's the holidays and everyone is in a hurry but it' still nice to know my work is appreciated. ;)

I wasn't really that upset just kinda suprised that one one had replied on either forum. I've got a lot of local friends on the other one so that was a bit upsetting. I posted a chess video with Barry Manilow in retaliation. :D

Thanks to all for the replies. :)