A hanging cage

ASC Mclaren

A little fun for Halloween that I found online.

Attachments

• IMG_2851.jpg
    IMG_2851.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2848.jpg
    IMG_2848.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2852.jpg
    IMG_2852.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2853.jpg
    IMG_2853.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2854.jpg
    IMG_2854.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2856.jpg
    IMG_2856.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2857.jpg
    IMG_2857.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2859.jpg
    IMG_2859.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 21

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I like the Cage! It looks really good!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
IT IS TIME FOR THE INQUISITIONS!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
One of UHU's Skeleton's might work good for that. You could partially skin it and make little crows feeding off of the poor wretched man. What horror did their society project. I saw dungeons in England where people spent their lives, more than two years, in a dirt whole, 2 feet deep with a metal grate over it. Just a large rectangular 2 foot pit, not even a square yard. How someone could last so long boggles the mind.

They showed these torture dungeons off with almost a pride. I guess I projected too much. I would have been ashamed. I would display them, but with the shame that they deserve for degrading people, many because they fell out of favor with the Royal family. I feel ashamed when I read of the institutionalized horrors out government did to our own citizens, giving syphilis, then not treating the populace, just to see what would happened, the list goes on too far.

I think models of these devices should be built. It documents. Some look like fun for Halloween, etc, but eventually, an intelligent person knows.

Ever read about breaking someone over a wheel?
the-breaking-wheel.jpg

Quote: "
The Breaking Wheel was a device specially designed to kill criminals as slowly as possible. While the device was not quite as painful as watching . (Say what?, I don't think so!)

The Breaking Wheel resembled a large wooden wagon wheel which the criminal would be tied to. Once fastened to the wheel a punisher would then use a large hammer to break the bones of the criminal.
Once the criminal had no bones left to break they would be left to die. In most cases if they did not die from their injuries they would be ate by rats and pecked at by birds.
- See more at: http://bustbubble.com/10-bizarre-and-horrific-torture-methods/#sthash.3GYlFtn5.dpuf

I vote for the wheel next. I would imagine even at those speeds, one would feel a shimmy with a corpse broken over your spokes. :)

ASC Mclaren

Zathros, you spoiled my surprise! I was planning the SSW skeletons as "victims". I was planning to work on the rack next, but I know where I can get a paper model pattern for the wheel! By Halloween I should have a fine start to a chamber of horrors. (Why doesn't the devil horn emoticon work here?)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Zathros, you spoiled my surprise! I was planning the SSW skeletons as "victims". I was planning to work on the rack next, but I know where I can get a paper model pattern for the wheel! By Halloween I should have a fine start to a chamber of horrors. (Why doesn't the devil horn emoticon work here?)

After that SKYPE conversation, I thought we had a lot in common, this is just plain eerie!! :)

ASC Mclaren

So, I got out my hole punch, and created some "rivet heads". One for each place the bands cross, and two each for where the bands join the base. After applying the rivet heads with white glue, I colored them. Then I used some thin CA and wicked it into the bands, to stiffen the paper.

Now it's time to find a suitable occupant. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_2861.jpg
    IMG_2861.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2865.jpg
    IMG_2865.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 14

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I like the idea of the rivets. Little things like that, REALLY take a model to a whole new level.
GREAT WORK!!!

ASC Mclaren

@ Zathros, Thank you!

One of the changes I made was not using parts 1a and 1c. I didn't want a comfortable place to stand in the cage. I'll get some pictures up soon of the occupant in the cage, and the giblet, then on to maybe a breaking wheel, or a rack, or possibly some stocks, or finishing that horse drawn hearse (maybe I enjoy Halloween too much?).

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
(maybe I enjoy Halloween too much?).
Apparently you are living in a place where Halloween is celebrated the whole year, so that's all right :mrgreen: !

Great work so far; I'm looking forward to seeing the new tenant inside! :thumb: