A couple of new progress photos

Here's a couple of new photos of my layout.These are on the front side.
The first shows the east side of the layout. The three buildings are as follows from left to right- steel drum factory,electrical supply co and a small coal dealer.
Eastside.jpg

The next shot is on the west side. The building in the foreground is a pallet manufacturer.I included a wood chip collector so I could add a wood chip car, I made the switchback track long so I figured I'd take an old building that I had and convert it to an engine house.There is still room on the switchback for 2-3 cars.I also plan to add a small office and fuel facility. In between the two is a small building that is set between the switchback track and one of the yard tracks.
Westside.jpg

I did create somewhat of a problem for myself.I didn't plan out where the roads would be. Granted some will unseen but for those within the layout I'll have to do some tinkering with them before I put these building in their final locations.

This last shot is just an add on. It is a shot from west to east under the overpass.
Longshot.jpg

Anyway,that's all for now. Next up will be roads and ballast.
Enjoy-Bob :thumb:

Nomad

Looks good:thumb:. Were both about at the same point. I have a road in but want to do some scenery beforeI start ballasting.

Loren

Loren-Thanks for the reply. I guess I spent so much time trying to get the structure placement the way I wanted,that I totally forgot the roads.Must have been a senior moment. Do you have any pictures of your layout? I'd like to see what you have-Bob

Loren-Now I remember your layout.(Old age and ,memory loss-what a combo!!) Looks good,I like it. Good switching possibilities.On mine I went with code100 because I wanted to use Peco small radius turnouts and they only come in code100-Bob

Thanks Josh-You wouldn't believe how many times I had to wash the color off that thing and start over until I got the color right. But once I got it to where it is now I was satisfied with the look. Bob