1/400 TOS Enterprise

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
Dang! Your right! I thought I check, rechecked, and triple checked. My mind still did it wrong. Fixed it! Thanks spaceagent! By the way the nacelle pylon supports I designed made them feel like light wood inside the nacelle pylons.

Reactions: zathros

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
if it works it works bro, but I never had any luck with anything but a hobby brass plank bent in a V, I would like to see it work! Also I though maybe rolled tubes like in the cut away model might be cool too. My luck with popsicle sticks, was that they held good for a few days but then the paper disbonded and they slid out, tilting the entire pylon engine set diagonally down to the right. I bent a hobby plank into a V and then anchored it across the middle at the bottom to the hull with plates and loads of glue and that held on my 1/350. then I just cut some slits in Ron's assembly support hub-[a very good piece by the way!] and slid the planks in, the flexed enough to slide in and up and then glue the top and popped on the nacelles. That worked very well and I gave it away eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: zathros

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I like to use Tig welding Rod. That stuff holds it shape. If you take a piece of the rod, tie it off to a very secure end, then pull on the other end really hard, with your end wrapped around a dowel, it will all of a sudden stretch and become hardened wire, which you can bend once into a very rigid shape, once, if you bend it more than a a couple of times at the exact same spot, it will break, but once, and it stays extremely rigid. I learned this when I used to make components for analog flight instrument gauges. A little Red Flag comes down when the instrument fails. The Red Flag is held by a wire that is treated as I described. :)

Reactions: spaceagent-9

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Coming along fine. These ships look simple but they aren't. ")

Reactions: blake7

blake7

Apr 19, 2012
Mannington wv.
Thank you THE DC! Life hit pretty hard, but we are doing ok now plus a dang cold knock me off my feet yesterday. Might be a little before I get to the naccelles, and a little beacon light over the hanger bay. I will work on it when I can.

Reactions: spaceagent-9

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Sorry for late comments. Thanks for sharing photos of your excellent build. LOVE the largeer size, I hope everything still fits right.

Looking forward to seeing this beast finished!

Best Regards,
Ron Caudillo

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
What happened to all the "Like" links in this thread???? O.K., I had to refresh the page. Weird. :)