1:18 Crichton build

ASC Mclaren

Thank you all! R-F, don't make changes just yet, I printed out Crichton four times and I will build the arms again to check myself. I need to roll the paper shoulder pins and find some elbow and wrist pins. Here is my dirty confession; I am too eager to finish Crichton for the collection. I need to be more analytical for R-F and the model. I do have some notes to send to Marcell.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
You are doing a great job at this scale.:thumb:

Hole-punches are great, aren't they?! So much cleaner. I use the same type as you, plus hole-punches that you use a hammer with. They both work well, albeit the hammer kind scares the $h!t outta the cats and the girlfriend...sign1

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you all! R-F, don't make changes just yet, I printed out Crichton four times and I will build the arms again to check myself. I need to roll the paper shoulder pins and find some elbow and wrist pins. Here is my dirty confession; I am too eager to finish Crichton for the collection. I need to be more analytical for R-F and the model. I do have some notes to send to Marcell.
If you find some strong material which does the job, use it. I for myself punched some nails through the wrist and snipped off the other end protruding from the other side. Easier, cleaner and safer than making a tiny paper roll or inserting a wire. :cool:

ASC Mclaren

So, I was doing some building, enjoying a Diamond Knot Irish Red, and watching Buck Rogers. In the episode "Shgoratchx!" I thought that Crichton's finish was very much like a sliver sharpie pen..... More to come (once I get another silver sharpie).

ASC Mclaren

Progress:

Attachments

• IMG_2713.jpg
    IMG_2713.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2711.jpg
    IMG_2711.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 6

ASC Mclaren

On to the finish line:

Attachments

• IMG_2717.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2725.jpg
    IMG_2725.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2727.jpg
    IMG_2727.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 6

ASC Mclaren

I still need to build the long neck, and I want to rebuild the arms, but:

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpg
    IMG_2732.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2729.jpg
    IMG_2729.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 10

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did an AMAZING JOB on Crichton (especially at that scale).
It looks really good standing next to the rest of your action figure collection.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It fits! It fits! (jumping around) This is awesome!!!! It's truly in scale with the other Mego figures!!!! Yeah!!!! Jason, you have outdone yourself! Congratulations on your new family member!!! Very well done!
bounce7bounce7bounce7
bounce7bounce7
balloon6balloon6balloon6balloon6balloon6
:wave7::wave7::wave7:

Rogerio Silva

ASC

Not only you did a fantastic job at such scale, but making a front line with the other figures of action, all in the right size, did a terrific effect. Congrats!

Maverick65

Oustanding job and at such a small scale no less. I think I'll stick to the 1:6 scale myself. Can't wait to see more.