micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
and here we go...DSCN0826.JPG
a paper model by Shunichi Makino...
R2-D2DSCN0827.JPG DSCN0828.JPG DSCN0829.JPG DSCN0830.JPG DSCN0831.JPG
My cheap Epson XP-330 printer did an okay job on these...
The plans fill A4 paper, but here in the US that's rarer than hens teeth, so I shrunk it to 95% and it fit on letter.

The printer left visible bands in the solid color areas, so I'll match as best I can and fill in with colored pencil.

I'll keep y'all posted.

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
my printer left visible lines in all the solid color areas, so I've started by filling those lines in with colored pencil... may move on to art markers if the colored pencil isn't good enough.
That's a great model, goes together well and nicely detailed. Looking forwards to seeing your work!
Thanks.... I'll do my best

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Very nice! I always wondered how tall it would be. Maybe I'm getting an answer soon. ;)

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
well like I said, it's formatted for A4 paper, and I reduced it to 95% so it would fit on letter size so My build will be 95% of the original... now if I could remember where to find the BB-8 paper model...

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I built this model a few years ago as a gift for a friend. I found it to be a fun and easy build. It does have a bit of greebling potential.
I am looking forward to seeing how your build turns out.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Sounds like you need to clean the printer heads. This can be done easily by removing the ink cartridges, putting the machine printer in "change ink mode", the use a plastic hobby syringe with a rubber tube that fits over that nipples that pierce the the plastic to get at the ink, and flush them with very warm water. there is a solution available, but unless you have it, just use very warm water. This will loosen the hardened ink. Clean up is down with paper towels, not tissues, and a Bamboo skewer to soak up any water. Reinstall the cartridges, and clean the inside of the rest of the printer, making sure you clean off the wiper. If you have pets, you will find their hair in there. The negative static charge attracts all kinds of stuff. Make sure the Rollers are clean (dry), and print simple stuff, just to dry it out and get things flowing again. I do this 4 times a year to my printers and have not purchased one in a long time. ;)

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Colored pencil left much to be desired, so I used art markers .... not perfect, but good enoughDSCN0832.JPG
The former for the top section is done...

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I do like that the head rotates... but I missed with the lower body piece... Razza Frazzin

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
and another paper model bites the dust.. Razza Frazzin Gran Kids :headbange::headbange::headbange::frak:

R2 was destroied in an epic food fight between the 4 and 6 year olds.... ohh well...
the beauty of paper, I can reprint and start over...