Flip an Unfolded Part in Pepakura?

Discussion in 'How Do I...' started by DJPinter, Feb 7, 2018.

1. DJPinter

DJPinter Trusted Confidant

Is there a way to flip a part on the 2d pane in Pepakura? When Pep unfolds a round-cornered box the top and bottom get flipped so that the interior sides are facing "up" on the printed page.
  2. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Copy the Development to the Clipboard, use XNViewMP and import the Clipboard, you can do whatever you wish after that. You can't save it as a .PDO but as a jpg and do that for all sheets, size as necessary in XNViewMP.

Link = https://www.xnview.com/en/
  3. Gandolf50

Gandolf50 Researcher of obscure between war vehicles... Moderator

Don't Know if this would help or not... but you could ( I have not tried it as yet ) but in both versions 3 and designer 4, under 2d in version 3 and under Other in designer 4. There is a mirror function (in version 3) and in Designer called Mirror inversion 2d and 3d. ( jeshh that was long winded...) anyway... I do know it mirrors the whole unfold, textures and all. It should be possible to take the one part you need inverted and delete everything else invert, save that part as pdo, and reload the pep file and merge the part with the original.. in the case of a box... just a mirror should do it, but would have to see the file. Hope that helps...;)
  4. daishi

daishi Member

Depending on the printer, the driver might support mirrored printing.
    So you can move any part that you need to mirrored, and for that page use mirrored print.

Or you can have pepakura export as multi-image and use an image viewer/editor that can mirror the pages that need it.
  5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

That's a lot of work. I'd just convert the model into a .pdf, and go from there, you can extract pages, and mirror them in XNView.
  6. DJPinter

DJPinter Trusted Confidant

Sigh...I thought there might have been a easier way to do it. I'll stick to printing to PDF then editing a pdf "page" in Photoshop or Pixelmator. Vertical Flip works well.