Departure of a good friend and master model builder.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
WIth deep sorrow and sadness, we have lost a great member and contributor to this forum. @silveroxide has passed away today. He passed away last night at Cape Fear Valley Hospital.

If you live in the Fayetteville, NC area, and you would like to pay your respects:
His service is on December 8th at Lafayette Funeral Home
6651 Raeford Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304

The wake is from 1:30pm-2:00 pm, service to follow.

The burial service will be at 3:00 pm at
Lafayette Memorial Park West
6701 Raeford Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Silver was a very resourceful and creative man. His contributions enriched this forum. I especially remember the time when he was scratch-building the Stealthstar and all the tiny add-ons for the BSG hangar bay. He will be sorely missed.

I wish his family and friends all the strength they need to overcome this loss.

Godspeed, Silver! Thank you for being here.

029-jpg.89145

A model by itself, is just a model, but a model in action tells a story. - silveroxide

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Sudsy

Sep 29, 2018
I'm saddened to hear this news. He is a very much a reason I discovered Zealot after running across his stuff on the Dakkadakka forum and desiring to find where he got all those cool card stock models he built routinely.

O7 (salute) and blue skies sir.

I just posted this information onto his Dakkadakka forum gallery thread (well, not the funeral information, but I can go back and add if needed).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I've had so many phone conversations with Silveroxide, it's impossible to write all the wonderful attributes this has, and the service to this country he has provided. I felt a lump in my that when I found out. The world is now short of one good man but, knowing he has a man of faith, Heaven is enriched even more.

Some of his models came straight from his head into form. He was a master designer and builder. I could not pick out a favorite model, they were all that good.
:)

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
ive seen many images of his work and did not have the fortune to know him, but please pass along my condolences to his family, its always a loss when a creative light fades.

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Saddened by the loss of one of our own, I'm sure the Zealot community will be as one by sending condolences and well wishes to friends and family.

unfortunately living in the UK, I will be unable to make an attempt to attend the funeral.

I'm sadly unaware of the contributions he made, but I'm open to suggestions for a tribute build.

Reactions: seraphim and mijob

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
He was a "man's man", very personable, talented to the point that surpassed genius. Most of the models he made came right out of his head, with very few sketches. His Venetian Gondola comes to mind. I spent an hour searching for a picture of it, but can't find it.

His stagecoach was also awesome. So many models, so many posts, his chariot was also a beauty. :)