Just a few things that I've been up too

RMantha

Aug 15, 2020
Duntroon, Ontario
So about a year ago I started the shuttle tydirium, I found some pics of the studio scale one so I took the plans from the paper one and started making it out of polystyrene and I am trying to get pretty close to the studio one, got a bit bored of it so now yesterday I decided to build an AT-AT. So far I've got the basic shape and have a good start on the head. Not sure what scale it is, and really not too interested. I printed the picture, measuring it in mm and just multiplying it by 3. Figure thats a good size. I do have a plan to have it in a Hoth setting turning while firing on a speeder.....but we will see how far I get with that plan.

I really suck at pictures, but I figure you get the overall idea.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 6
Here is the progress on the AT-AT

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 1
You are doing great work. The amount of detail on the shutle is amazing and all looks so crisp and clear. Nice start on the AT-AT.

Reactions: RMantha
Wooow! This looks amazing. Since you are using styrene you might use a more accurate template for the head created by baloo:

The plans are sized for the Revell so you will need to resize them.

;)

Keep up the great work! :)

Wooow! This looks amazing. Since you are using styrene you might use a more accurate template for the head created by baloo:

The plans are sized for the Revell so you will need to resize them.

;)

Keep up the great work! :)
Oh I lthink I'm going to look into that for sure. Thanks for the info, his head looks much nicer was a bit hard to see the head details on my drawings.

Oh I lthink I'm going to look into that for sure. Thanks for the info, his head looks much nicer was a bit hard to see the head details on my drawings.
You are welcome! :)

If you are unable to download the template please tell me, I have it in my archive (it's waiting to be put to good use on my three Revell AT-ATs ;) ). :)

Reactions: mijob
So that was interesting, scaled it up 5% from original, matches close enough to what I want, then printed on 1mm styrene and it actually work. Well good enough for a test part. Actually this might open up a lot of things now, hmmmm this kinda makes me excited for future projects.

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 9
That's a great looking model. :)

How do you print on styrene? is it a flat bed printer?
It's 1mm styrene so it bends easy, I have a cannon 3300 mega tank printer. I just figured I would try it, put it in the back and hit print and the printer pulled it threw. I buy my styrene in 4x8 foot sheets so it's actually touch under 1mm, more like .8. The ink comes off if I rub my finger on it hard so it's not permanent but it puts the pattern on the styrene good enough.

Last edited:
Cool idea! Another way would be tracing the pattern or printing it on sticker / labeling paper and putting it on the styrene sheet. :)

Reactions: RMantha