1/12 Apollo Command Module

Impressive model... One day...

As for the paper thickness I mostly use 160gr/m2 or 220gr/m2. Last for bigger models.
Never a big issue: who can fold exact at 0.07mm.
Papermodelling has a build-in correction bandwidth, this way.

Reactions: micahrogers
Impressive model... One day...

As for the paper thickness I mostly use 160gr/m2 or 220gr/m2. Last for bigger models.
Never a big issue: who can fold exact at 0.07mm.
Papermodelling has a build-in correction bandwidth, this way.

You score that backside with a blade. ;)

Hi Toutenkarton, 100lb = 271gsm is for cover paper. For offset/print/book paper it is 100lb = 165gsm. So both is possible

Did you make contact with Ken L. West? I am assuming you did? :)

The rivet looks pretty good. If you don't mind me asking what did you use for the rivet effect?
It's nice to see you have started this project. I can see already you are giving it a lot of thought.
I feel this is going to be a build thread to keep our eyes on and I'm sure I will learn from it.

Thanks.

Reactions: Kolokolnikov
The rivet looks pretty good. If you don't mind me asking what did you use for the rivet effect?

Thanks.

I am going to make them from bga soldering balls. I wanted to buy them for a long time, and I bought them in a store with electronic components. They are not very expensive for a bottle with 25 000 balls, I paid a little more than 3$

They come in various sizes from 0.2mm to 0.76mm. I have 0.65. The 0.2 balls are very small and very difficult to distinguish in the bottle.
IMG_20210209_215147.jpg

In order for the ball to become a rivet, I simply press it into the cutting mat using a flat metal object. The ball pushes the mat and flattens itself on one side, resulting in a rivet-like shape.