Won't say what it is till later...ooops too late now!

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I wanted to build this model to give to my brother in law who has a 13 acre farm, and is a real farmer. I have lost all motivation after seeing this masterpiece. :nailbiting:
I say...BUILD IT! but... Rescale to Larger size...The tiny Parts on 1/25th scale will drive you NUTS!!

Or Maybe ... You could do the Zaphor, single steel wheel on the back...It is even more unique...and you could color how you wish!!

2.png

I was thinking of doing it..but I really need to do some of the scratch-built designs I have been wanting to do for a long time and they are starting to take over all my free wall space!!

Last edited:

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Another small update...
Fitting Hood and Louvers...Test FIT...As far as I can tell there is not a way of mounting the hood to the body, at least in this model. I will have to work out something as it is difficult to open the louvers while trying to hold the hood in place! Figure it will take just some small bits of tubing and insert the hinge wire on both ends, should do it...Got the room and seems logical.

Test fit without the louvers attached ( want to burnish the hood into better shape, before glue up! Hinges for the louvers can be seen lower right.View attachment 171244

A quick view of hood dropped on to show hinge in place...
View attachment 171245
More ..as it gets done!

Amazing! :Bravo::Bravo::Bravo::Bravo::Bravo:WOW!!!:surprise::surprise::surprise: Yes I concur with Rhaven.. doesn't look like paper looks like metal. :King::King::King::King::King::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Outstanding!:Drinks::Drinks: I definitely have a LOT more to learn.:robot2:

Thanks for sharing this gem of a model with us.:):Drinks:

Sky Seeker
:Viper:

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Still here...and got back to this a while back...but didn't have the time recently...just wanted to show some of the updates that have been done...
First Got the hood and louvers mounted...and the left louver actually clears the carb with a little room to spare... here is a shot with it in the open position...

Hood-IN.jpg
added some latches but not really happy with them as yet...perhaps I can mold a socket for the bottom end to turn into...

Here is the hood attachment I came up with..and yes ...VERY small tubing to hold the hood pin worked just fine...

Hood-Attach.jpg

and for now at least a view of just part of the wiring with fine wire from a section of a ribbon cable that had braided wire... about human hair size...A Nightmare to get into place !!!

Wireing.jpg

Still needs work..but very close to the end ( if I don't think of more GREEBLES before then) ...oh wait! A Diorama of some sort...) Damn!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This looks AMAZING! The amount of work, time, effort, and energy that you are putting into this is mind blowing!

Papa Mashy

Masher of paper
Really enjoy following your build. The skill, patience and time to create such high quality is plain to see. thumbsupClaphands

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Still here...and got back to this a while back...but didn't have the time recently...just wanted to show some of the updates that have been done...
First Got the hood and louvers mounted...and the left louver actually clears the carb with a little room to spare... here is a shot with it in the open position...

View attachment 177208
added some latches but not really happy with them as yet...perhaps I can mold a socket for the bottom end to turn into...

Here is the hood attachment I came up with..and yes ...VERY small tubing to hold the hood pin worked just fine...

View attachment 177209

and for now at least a view of just part of the wiring with fine wire from a section of a ribbon cable that had braided wire... about human hair size...A Nightmare to get into place !!!

View attachment 177210

Still needs work..but very close to the end ( if I don't think of more GREEBLES before then) ...oh wait! A Diorama of some sort...) Damn!

Simply amazing!! Wow!! What a true piece of craftmanship. May we all aspire to be as good. :Bravo::Bravo: