When were these tractors built?

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Miles, yeah, the MP15 sparked something. But I won’t change the era of my layout permanently and I won’t sell any 1950’s era equipment. You know, I’ve got only a small switching layout and to make things a bit more interesting and to allow me to take some more pictures, I want to change eras from time to time. I think I’ll only have to change some details (cars, trucks, billboards etc.) so it will be easy to switch from the late 50s to the early 80s and back again. I might even replace one or two buildings. That gives me the chance to scratch build some more structures …

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
You know, that's an excellent Idea, Kurt!

That will give you an inherent flexibility that will really benefit your modeling! (Remember, there wasn't any graffitti until the early 1990's! :)

This will be very interesting to se eyou do, and I look forward to your progress in that degree.

I personally wish I could do that with my layout, but that'd mean all my orange groves and packing houses would disappear, and be replaced by hundreds of Tract homes..not the kind of scenery I envisioned for my Citrus Empire Route! ;) :D