What Is It?

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks Charlie, I guess this is what comes from a lifetime love of railways. We have seen many changes but memories remain.
This photo shows the staircase that I made up in almost the same way as the walkways. The end walkway is in place as is the one that goes through the centre. These all need painting which will be the next step.

Attachments

• ct16.jpg
    ct16.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 245

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Robin, already a few pictures ago your coaling station looked like one of these super-duper-craftsman-kits with a hair-rising 3-number price-tag on the box. But from picture to picture it is even getting better - incredible work! Can't wait to see it finished and installed on the layout. :cool: :cool: :cool:

For me you simply are the 'Cardboard Wizard of The Gauge'. :D :D :D

And your tutorial is tops, too! A VERY hot candidate for the academy, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing your expertise with us! :)

Ron

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks for you kind words David and Ron. One of the best things about this hobby is the willingness to share information and how to do it. There has been a ton of stuff posted here at the Gauge that I have found extremely useful so I am very pleased if there is anything I can do to help others

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Robin..... Another great model. Ladders have given me a
headache. I would like to hear how others are doing it, I have made a rough jig which has worked quite well . I intend postng a photo of it when I have perfected it. Yours look great.

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks Tyson and Jimmy. This has been a fairly long project but it is comingclose to being finished. Here is what it looks like Friday the 9th.
This view is looking North East. Thats is when it will be on my layout

Attachments

• ct17.jpg
    ct17.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 395

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Looking South. This shows the coal chutes on this side with a covered walkway for workers. The "chains" hanging down are for loco crews if workers (those LBPs that haven't been added yet) are goofing off somewhere else. A poker game maybe!:eek:

Attachments

• ct19.jpg
    ct19.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 348

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOWWOWWOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

Robin..you have outdone yourself expotentially this time!! I sit in shock and awe.

What REALLY gets me is how you work, heck CREATE, such small building stock. !!!1/32 strips of cerealboard!!! :eek:

AND you obviously have a talent for photography also. It's just great to see the step by step photos with fantastic explainations showing your progress..

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Thanks for the kind words IMA.
I haven't finished the track laying and scenery where this coal tower is going but did a little setup to give you an idea of how it will look.
First photo

Attachments

• ct20.jpg
    ct20.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 332

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
ROBIN !!!!!!!!!! You done gone and dun it again!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

"Incredible" is the only word that comes to mind to describe your skills with cardboard. Aartwmich took the other words right out of my mouth.
I only made one mistake .... I let my wife see this thread! :( now she's bugging me to get off my butt and get building again!
Truth be told, it's inspired me to get my thinking cap on to come up with a structure I need for my little layout (or go back to bead stringing).

Thanks for an excellent set of photos my friend.

Errol

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Robin, my friend - you are surpassing yourself with every model you are showing us on these pages.

Again you caught the atmosphere of the building in a fantasic way - the sheer size and the incredible details are just overwhelming. And I almost can't believe that this is 'only' N scale.

Great work, Robin! And thank you for that fantastic tutorial you presented to us.

Ron

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Holy WOW.

cdhzopieuh[woejkn'lknv[oi43yin'zlknv'zvlkh.....oops. sorry. That was my jaw on the keyboard.:D

Robin, there likely are not enough superlatives in the english language to describe your artwork, so I'll just say that your work is amazing.

I'm really looking forward to your next project.:)

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
I don't know how to respond everyone. You have all been so kind and generous.
All I can say it was a joy for me to make this structure and to be able to share it with you.
I tried to photograph it as if it was a real building by keeping the camera low.