What is happening?

C

Catt

Catt did the software problems at Paul's place get fixed for you?????

Nope,no matter what we tried.So I just said to hell with it.I don't need anymore forums anyway.

After all

I GOT GAUGE :D :D :D

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
I too am a bit dismayed over our loss of Paul and Charlie but even though I don't post as often as I once used to I'm not going anywhere else either... I don't use this board much to show others my own modeling, but rather as an information source and a source of great inspiration. Both of these fine fellows were a form of inspiration to me by challenging me to be a better modeler in my own right just by viewing their work. (I even have a business on my layout named after Paul after scratchbuilding it from a book he gave me.)
Tyson, Gary, Val and Robin have also been an invaluable source of knowledge to me and I'm sure that others will step up and fill Paul and Charlies shoes!
Thanks to all the original members, the people who have come since and the people yet to come! You guys are all like another family to me!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
:) :) :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Matt Probst said:
I too am a bit dismayed over our loss of Paul and Charlie but even though I don't post as often as I once used to I'm not going anywhere else either... I don't use this board much to show others my own modeling, but rather as an information source and a source of great inspiration. Both of these fine fellows were a form of inspiration to me by challenging me to be a better modeler in my own right just by viewing their work. (I even have a business on my layout named after Paul after scratchbuilding it from a book he gave me.)
Tyson, Gary, Val and Robin have also been an invaluable source of knowledge to me and I'm sure that others will step up and fill Paul and Charlies shoes!
Thanks to all the original members, the people who have come since and the people yet to come! You guys are all like another family to me!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
:) :) :)

That's Cool Matt!! - Glad you feel that way - It is like a family here & that's what makes this such a nice place :D :D

rcwatkins

Jul 4, 2003
TN
Visit site
jon-monon said:
This forum is family to many of us! Just look at Paul's departure as him growing up and moving out. You can pay him a visit from time to time, and still keep your family here. :D
Then does any1 know how many babies we have still at the hospital? :p

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi all:
I don't post as often as many others, but then, i don't have that much to say! On this subject, i'd like to chime in that this board is still my favorite place to check out what folks have been up to on their layouts, and in their hobbies. Since i currently model in "S" there is not a lot of folks with whom i can exchange information about my specific hobby-ing. But, i have found that's not really very important. I'm sure many of you have also found over the years that good modeling knows no gauge/scale.

The uniquness of this forum is the supportive culture and the high level of expertise that informs and educates all of us "novices". I generally find that people become "experts" within fairly narrow constraints. This leaves them open to new and exciting information and discoveries in those areas where they are still "novices". I think the crowd here understands this, even if each one would express it differently. Also, we understand, that our knowing how to do something, is ultimately of greatest value if we share it with others and help them become better modelers. In this way we strengthen our hobby, and most happily of all, may learn something new in the process.

I routinely check out about eight forums. They each have a little bit of info on them that is useful to me. I don't post much in any of them because that takes longer and since i'm a good 15 years away from retirement and run a division of the firm i'm with, i just don't have that much time for my hobby or these forums. But THIS one is the one i ALWAYS check out when i sit down to cruise. There are high caliber people on most forums. There are interesting articles and discussions on many forums. But this one has it's cake and lets us ALL eat of it too.

I'll have vanilla ice cream with my slice if you please. (a traditionalist?) Well, ok, put a little chocolat syrup on it.

Thanks to all for a continued valuable experience and my best to Paul and Charlie and others who have shared their experience with us. Keep up the great work all you "mods" and thanks for your time!

Regards,
Ted