WH40K paper 30mm figurines

Propuh

Dec 12, 2015
Sarajevo, Bosnia
Hello everybody.
I started few months ago making paper Space marines after I found great pdf templates with Ultramarines, Raven Guard and Chaos space marines here on Zealot.

Link for those files are posted at Armorman thread:

http://www.zealot.com/threads/armormans-warhammer-40k-models-thread.170912/page-25#post-987672

There were no instructions, so I had to manage myself by guessing how to assemble those parts.
After search I found short instructions by author on vk.com - Russian treasure chest for wh40k papercrat.

HghcUrp4fWs.jpg

So...

Those are photos of marines, terminator and chaos cultist I made for now, with Rhino-box modified Transporter for marines I want to put on it when not playing.

UJmKA4luwGQ.jpg

First of all, I'm using A4 160g paper and 1 mm thick cardboard for some pieces.

So these are pieces of Chaos Marine that I cut and colored edges with fibre pen:

E_RioqYeRJg.jpg

After I finish my Rhino-box, I'll post here every step I made with those parts, so if someone catch something wrong or have better idea how to make it, response would be appreciated.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
These look interesting! My son plays WH40K. I think that I will build him a few of these.
I will be following this thread!
Thank you for sharing this with us!

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
These look like fun!
I don't actually play WH40k too expensive for my blood, but using these I might build a small army in the future, and give it a go.

Thanks for sharing!

Propuh

Dec 12, 2015
Sarajevo, Bosnia
First of all, those are tools I'm using for making this marine

nGs3ANss2iw.jpg

I started with head, I put on first picture golden horns, but didn't attached it as they are too much glowing on head, maybe later.
Inner head, that with eyes, should be wider then is on temlate so I didn't connect it on colored edge but leave white space. Outer head should be attached from back, and I put grid grilles as I'm making chaos marine. Collar is prepared and ready to attach on last step

c9tshZOBF-g.jpg

Next is arm, so you have to determine angle of elbow and connect it.
I left hand detached as right position depends on how he will hold weapons and in which hand.

Vpe_pjBBT84.jpg

Propuh

Dec 12, 2015
Sarajevo, Bosnia
Next step is inner torso, so I connected upper legs with hip connectors. You can move and adjust legs later, depending of marine posture.

ltatq4TwPGk.jpg

After that I attached belt and ass-plate on the marines back - ass, as there was empty space.

PmkI6U61uHs.jpg

After that I made boots, I attached foot on it but it's better to leave it for end. Knee wasn't attached yet.

SX9EC62JypY.jpg

Here is the polduron, and with that we have most of body parts.

HlqClmd2Ev0.jpg

After this its time for Bolter rifle, I used 1mm cardboard to get bulky gun

Srcjav5X6Ho.jpg

Also with backpack

UFvzwD7Jr5Y.jpg

Last edited:

Propuh

Dec 12, 2015
Sarajevo, Bosnia
Now we have all parts ready for joining together, and I also made stand from cardboard

afaqcwLBrbs.jpg

First I attached arms on torso and put outer shield, then put head and collar on torso, then first attached hands on bolter then hands joined with arms

Pv2gIq9N6Ao.jpg

Then there is tricky part where you have to glue legs together and in that part you are making figure posture, and if you make mistake there you'll get awkward legs stand or something not natural. After that I attached knees and pulderons, backpack, and that is it.

DWXKw805jrc.jpg

5J7dzFLpIXE.jpg

_O6xwbs9Zwg.jpg

If you notice something wrong or have better idea how to make this together, please give a feedback.

Propuh

Dec 12, 2015
Sarajevo, Bosnia
I like it! It looks GREAT! You did a good job with it! I will try my hand at it!
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Thanks, I hope your son will enjoy playing with models you make.
And yes, if your son playing real WH40K boardgame, you have to take in mind that one squad have 10 individual models :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Yes, he plays the real board game. He has three different armies. He also enjoys building and painting the vehicles and figurines.
I hope that he will like the tank and figurines.

Reactions: Propuh

Famous Dave

Jul 30, 2007
Awesome. Thanks for the tutorial. this would have been helpful when I tried it. The models look great and I can't wait to see more of your army.
Thanks,
Dave