Well, I sure am glad Global Warming is a Hoax...only pushing over 100 for the next few days...

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Yep, I'm on the edge of the Heat of the Century dome...
Warm.png
My feelings about this???

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
No Winters to speak of anymore. Recorded history of weather doesn't go back far enough to come to a conclusion as to what is causing this, but all the Microwaving in the air, the green house gases, and what may be natural occurrences could lead to calamity. I guess some people just don't feel the heat. I'm sweating my &alls off.

snark1950

Dec 26, 2011
Orlando Fl
I tell people I work with if I ever complain its hot in the building call the fire department because the building is burning. Got home from walking two laps around the block soaking wet from the heat and humidity. So its even hot by my standards. oh and my day job involves working with molten solderwork2.png

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My Nephew/Godson shaved his head, and went for a run. He ended getting 2nd degree burns on his head, and shoulders, he wasn';t wearing a shirt. I told him what to rub on his head and shoulders. You can't shave your head too close. I have color in my skin but those U.V. rays are unforgiving. People talk about the heat, but the U.V. rays are destroying a lot of things prematurely, like people who get skin cancer.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Last week almost 6 day's in a row we had rain. Yesterday and today at last SUNSHINE!!!!

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
In Arizona here we don't believe in Global Warming, We believe in walking out the door and bursting into flames.
But seriously folks, remember that the heat is pretty bad, but the

dry hot air sucks the water right out of you

and like a car without oil it will mess you up bad with heat stroke-[real strokes] heat exhaustion and just too frickin' hot to do anything, and melt into a bed or chair and nap for 2 hours around 3 pm.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Funny, next week in Connecticut is going to be the normal type of Connecticut temperatures, high in the high 70's!! Of course, that happened in December too. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Funny, next week in Connecticut is going to be the normal type of Connecticut temperatures, high in the high 70's!! Of course, that happened in December too. :)
Well hang on to your shorts, or rather maybe toss them, as this mega Heat Dome is headed that way...it is supposed to hang around here for a week or so, I guess then slowly get there...considering it reaches from Colorado to Mexico and Arizona to Oklahoma...should not take long!!!

1594652682474.png

1594653454340.png

Last edited:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
And now solar scientists are saying it looks like the sun is cooling down a bit, and we could actually be headed for a 'Solar Minimum' and the last one of those was in "18 hundred and froze to death".

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
wind turbines also! Once your inner core reaches 109' you will start to die, even real strokes will kill areas of your brain. The dehydration factors are so scary that I wont even post them, but remember to drink a 1/2 cup of water ever hour to avoid losing too much moisture, so you wont run around like Dr Smith yelling for moisture in Lost in Space. Signs of dehydration and zombies are very similar- white foam around the mouth, blank stares, disassociation, slow movements. Needing a brain,...? Even at night. I froze a bottle of water and took it with me, it was completely melted in 10 minutes.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Well hang on to your shorts, or rather maybe toss them, as this mega Heat Dome is headed that way...it is supposed to hang around here for a week or so, I guess then slowly get there...considering it reaches from Colorado to Mexico and Arizona to Oklahoma...should not take long!!!

View attachment 186452

View attachment 186453
According to our monthly forecast, it seems pretty normal for this time of year. The nights start to cool down around here in August, great motorcycle riding weather. Too hot to ride now, although we had a max of 84 degrees today, but waay too much humidity. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Those of you who are kept hostage by temps rivaling the cauldrons of Hell, might want to air out your homes every morning so that you chill fresh air instead of used air. Here in AZ it can get to be quite a problem, similar to what Apollo 13 faced when they had to build a scrubber out of school supplies.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Hitting the 90's again next week, ironically, this has been a very normal Connecticut Summer. Unfortunately, we used to have 4 seasons, now we have 2.4, a taste of fall, a taste of Winter, the Spring, which quickly turns into Summer, and snow, well that sometimes actually makes it to the ground, and the countryside looks like a sugar powered forest. I remember snow way over my head. I was only 4 years old at the time, but when I first purchased my present home, we had 6 feet of snow, twice, within two weeks. There was so much snow, with no place to put it, the walls on the road sides were 10 feet high. That has never happened since. Also, the season for riding motorcycles has changed, with the best riding motorcycles coming from August till November. I pulled out my Suzuki yesterday, in anticipation. Night riding at this time is spot on, temperature wise. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
It could be worse:

300 million degrees C - beat that, AZ!

:Grin: :Grin: :Grin:

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Went swimming yesterday, my dome is burnt red, but it sure was nice. Arizona is much like the movie THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN, as you get xenon flashed, baked, have to change your sweaty clothes and then need a gator aid and a nap, every time you come home from being outside.