Warhammer Thunderbolt

silveroxide

WOW. You really ought to submit this to GW, Warseer, or the like. It's just awesome.

Well, KJEV, I took you up on posting in a plastic model forum, dakkadakka.com and I have gotten some good reviews with my Chimera version. I will post the Thunderbolt later. There were some skeptics but the final product wowed them. Wait until they see Flarebaffle's Baneblade.

I am currently working on an 40K artillery piece an I am almost done. Unfortunately there won't be no download for that project. I am scratch building it as I go. The cannon is finished, now working on the platform

Kjev

Keep it up! Flare's baneblade should well, flatten them. It's what baneblades do best, after all.

Millenniumfalsehood

Nah, post it on Starship Modeler and have all those guys saying "Naw, that ain't paper!" I *swear* up and down that looks like friggin' plastic! :thumb:

silveroxide

Other forum postings

Nah, post it on Starship Modeler and have all those guys saying "Naw, that ain't paper!" I *swear* up and down that looks like friggin' plastic! :thumb:

I may consider it, but I do not want to post into too many sites. I would then have too keep an eye out on too many build threads and may lose one through apathy or just plain forget about it.:wave::wave::wave:

Leigh104

Hello! Thanks for building my Thunderbolt silveroxide - for some reason, I can't log in with my old profile, and can't reset the password coz I don't have access to my old email address.

Anyway... I'm hosting the file myself, if anyone wants a copy.

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165514&highlight=thunderbolt - my original thread

Download the plans here - I've included everything you need ie, pepakura, sketchup models - everything. Please edit till your hearts content!!

can't_decide

Amazing work! This has to be the best paper version of the Thunderbolt I've ever seen. I've built one myself, and it pales in comparison to your work.

silveroxide

Thanks for the comments Can't decide;

I started to look for reference material on this flyer and I was already deep in the build to change some of the parts of the model, for example, I would have made the wings a bit more thinner. I believe that they are way too thick but it does give it some bulk. i would have extended the fuselage a bit more, as is, it is too short and the tail section and the rear wings seem to run into each other. But overall, I am still pleased how it came out

silveroxide

Thanks for bringing this thread to the fore front. It has been a while since I made a comment on this one. This model is pre-Patorochs model on this site. I f I had his patterns earlier, then this T-Bolt may have come out different, but over all, I am still pleased with the outcome.