Viper Car, by @Revell Fan.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Okay everyone, my first major screw up on this build...
20220126_122036.jpg

As you can see in this pic, the structure of the wheelbase is visible under the back of the wing. This is because I mistook the instructions, and made the motor mount flush with the Back of the wheelbase, and not the front of it as designed...

So... I'm going to try something new, and attempt to separate the two assemblies, and re glue in the proper position...

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
If you hadn't pointed out your mistake, I might not of noticed it. Anyway it looks like something that's easily fixed. I think you're doing good so far. It's a good example of a beta build. @Revell-Fan is probably proud of your work too!

Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
If you hadn't pointed out your mistake, I might not of noticed it. Anyway it looks like something that's easily fixed. I think you're doing good so far. It's a good example of a beta build. @Revell-Fan is probably proud of your work too!
Naaaa... He's just shaking his head about how atrocious I'm bashing his great work. I did find a mistake in the parts layout, and pointed that out. but so far the build has been my mess.

I got the two parts separated...
20220127_092847.jpg

rather messy, but separated.

And re attached in the correct orientation.
20220127_101735.jpg

Now to try and clean up the mess I made.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
INDEED! You are doing a formidable job, Micah! :)

Fortunately the affected area is the bottom, a part where NO-ONE will ever look at once the car is finished. Just use some dark grey or black paint and swoosh over it. Easy fix. ;)

I must confess, designing this specific area was very tricky and took me quite a few days to figure out. In fact, I was sitting in front of my screen for three days - just to find a way how to cut the things up. That area is so weird-looking and I had to make it work somehow.

Another "dangerous" area are the engine mounts. The high engine is pretty easy but the side engines may be tricky to align. Try not to skew the wings. Don't worry if they do not align perfectly with the base part 25 (mine does not either ;) ). Just rotate the tubes till the red marks are centered between the wing and the engine mount 19. The distance between the red marks is closer than the distance between the red marks and the rest of the fuselage. This may look off but it replicates the configuration I see in the pictures of the original. :)

16.JPG

micahrogers

Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Final update for today. I got the wheelbase (piece 25) colored with a dark grey paint, to hide the evidence.
20220127_125010.jpg20220127_125017.jpg20220127_125022.jpg

Now when I set an engine tube, with wing, it looks right.
20220127_103452.jpg

I'll "square it up" as I continue the build.

So far my Red Necked knife grips seem to be helping with my finger fatigue as I'm cutting the parts.

Geeze I need to proof read my posts better, my typing is atrocious too, 3 edits for spelling.

Last edited:

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
There we are! Mistake fixed! Don't worry about the typing -- I'm starting to have problems with it too. I have to remember to switch my keyboard back over to English, otherwise I'd end up posting something written in Cyrillic. If you want an interesting challenge, take up learning Russian.

• Love
Reactions: micahrogers

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Dec 22, 2020
Spokane, WA
I took Latin in high school, and can still count in Latin, and read Roman numerals. I studied Nihongo (Japanese), and can still say a few phrayses, but never got to reading Kanji.
Latin has quite the influence on Russian. I think Latin is what gave Russian its grammar case system, Plus the Russian alphabet uses letters from the Latin alphabet, along with letters from the Greek Alphabet. At one time I wanted to learn Japanese. It would be fun to read Kanji -- there are a lot of comics written in Kanji, and also a lot of stuff having to do with paper modeling!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
There we are! Mistake fixed! Don't worry about the typing -- I'm starting to have problems with it too. I have to remember to switch my keyboard back over to English, otherwise I'd end up posting something written in Cyrillic. If you want an interesting challenge, take up learning Russian.
I took Latin in high school, and can still count in Latin, and read Roman numerals. I studied Nihongo (Japanese), and can still say a few phrayses, but never got to reading Kanji.
Latin has quite the influence on Russian. I think Latin is what gave Russian its grammar case system, Plus the Russian alphabet uses letters from the Latin alphabet, along with letters from the Greek Alphabet. At one time I wanted to learn Japanese. It would be fun to read Kanji -- there are a lot of comics written in Kanji, and also a lot of stuff having to do with paper modeling!
Aaaaand there goes another thread..! :biggrin:
:drinksmile: :hammerhead: ;)