Vendors in US to print oversize PDF/Pep

Dave Ward

Friends,
was wondering if there is a good method to print larger 110lb cardstock.

Kinko's couldn't help, and it's annoying to have to piece together larger peices from 8 1/2x 11 sheets.

Help welcome!

Z

Zathros

I purchased an EPSON Workforce 1100 printer. I love it. You can print 13" x 19", and actually, print ages as long as you want, if you have long enough paper. I would highly recommend it. The other way is to use Photoshop, to rearrange parts so that you may not have to split them up. This is more involved though. :)

PemTech

When I built my Friede upscale I skipped the whole printing on stock problem. I had the rocket printed on regular paper from a plotter. Cut out the parts and glue to poster board or your fav paper and build.

Z

Zathros

I'd like to have a plotter. I don't even know anyone who does these days.

Vince

Maybe someone like Fast Signs? They might have some kind of plotter.
I just found out they carry colored card stock. Planning to pick up a few sheets and try it out.

clif52

Banned
Go to a sign shop and get them to print it out on the poster printer. Its usually around 52" wide. Some shops can print to 8 feet wide. I'm in Martinsville, Va but I'm sure if you can't find a place to get it done I have friends that run a shop here that would print it out for you and ship it in a tube. I built the Epson Eagle model for them at twice size and it came out better than I expected. I had to rearrange the parts to get it into a file 52" inches wide. Go to my Facebook page for Clifton Custom Toys, Displays, & Graphics and scroll down the page and you will see photos of the Eagle. Their printer prints with solvent inks so when I got excess Elmer's glue on the print it just wiped off with a wet paper towel. The prints do have to cure about 24 hours before handling. I'd post a photo but I've never been able to get it to work.

Clif

mbauer

Cardstock Model designer
There are plenty of "Wide Format Printers" available today. The aren't cheap. For around a $1000 you can get a 4-color Hp Designjet 111.

You can buy used printers on eBay. That is where I bought 5-different wide format printers. Be warned, certain older printers (HP Designjet 450c, 650c, 750c etc. won't work with newer operating systems).

Presently I'm using a 6-color photo quality HP 120C that can handle 125lb Tag sheets in 24 x 36 with ease.

Backup and standy for certain projects are 2-HP 450C printers that need a updated driver to work with Windows XP. They will not work with newer operating systems.

I would not recomend the HP 120C because of it having mechanical issues, unless you know how to fix it.

Mike