V.i.n.cent - The Black Hole - Building Thread

starbuck

Aug 15, 2013
Austria - Carinthia
Not perfect, but OK. As always in the end something goes wrong.

To sum up:
Start from the bottom. Create your own parts where necessary - especially the footer. I do not see a way to get parts together whithout changing this part. Mount main parts first and the hands and the back later on. (This was my mistake which made it not fit perfectly.)
But......not to forget.....many thanks to the person who made the model. :Bravo: It is the most accurate model I found.

It was a nice building and the first try with photo paper. Made the model looking metallic, but the glue - if used too much - harms the paper and the structure.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    860.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    819 KB · Views: 26

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
He was banged up in the movie, and you did a great job on that. Very neat! :)

Octoman

Nov 15, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Excellent job! As I recall, there were some really good injection kits of the robots and one huge one of the ship. MPC did them (they seemed to be the only folks doing sci-fi kits at the time). The thing I like most about paper models is putting in all of the details that plastic kits tend to leave out. This one has really good graphics and if you can build it without instructions and have it look this good; well, that's a plus.

Nicely done, Starbuck!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@Octoman : The mpc Cygnus was too short! They simply omitted one of these rectangular sections. People had to build that one from scratch or cannibalize another kit to correct the mistake. Just as you said, we paper people have some advantages..! ;)