Unknown vehicle

krokodil

Hi

Does anybody know where this vehicle comes from?

Any information (drawings etc.) is appreciated.

Thank you

BIG_0007395705.jpg

Bill Nelson

That is an odd creature! With it's looks and the gauge, it certainly doesn't look like something from the North American continent.

If I had to guess where that was from , I might guess that it was from India. I have seen some pretty strange looking railbusses that were built there. It is a shame the photo is cropped so close that there are few visual clues.

I love stuff like this, and have built or modified three railbusses, one in Ho, one in HOn3, and one In G scale. I have a NWSL flea drive, and some parts on order to build another in HOn3. I have a Jordan Miniatures Mack railbuss that I am going to power and modify

Bill Nelson

chooch.42

Just a shot in the dark..."Attilastol"- bottom right watermark(?), translates as Hungarian (Google - not my smartswall1). Anyone else around from (Eastern) Europe who might enlighten us further? Bob C.

krokodil

Just a shot in the dark..."Attilastol"- bottom right watermark(?), translates as Hungarian (Google - not my smartswall1). Anyone else around from (Eastern) Europe who might enlighten us further? Bob C.

Hi Bob

the picture came from a young Hungarian railway fan - that is why there is a watermark on the picture.

Meanwhile I found the source of the information (in my own library :mrgreen:).
The 3 feet railcar is from Ireland and was in use until 1959 when the County Donegal Railway went out of business. The CDR was a pioneer on the field of petrol and diesel traction and their first railcar was built already in 1931. The last one with #21 was made in 1951. The #12 is preserved in UK. Some of the were sold to Railways on Isle of Man. Probably the last ones, as they had different front part.
The #12 is very similar to the #14 on the picture above with unsymetrical front.