UHU02 Viper

Gixergs

Well as already mentioned work has resumed on the Viper although I think reference material might be proving a problem.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 30

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You are always welcome, UHU02! I LOVE YOUR WORK! :thumb:

I'm glad to help. I personally think the "Bringing-in-the-Cat" diorama is very useful because it reveals the inner structure of the plane. There is another build using the Moebius models which are bigger but I don't recall where I have seen it. I'll post the link here if I find it again or if I find other useful things.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your model.

Kind regards

Marcell from Germany

:wave::wave::wave:

silveroxide

Over at resinilluminati.com there are more reference material on the viper build as well. If you join (which is free) there is a section for members that is all BSG builds, reference and stuff that may help as well. I keep looking in every now and then. Looking good. I wish that there was all of these references available when I built mine a while back.

Rogerio Silva

Over at resinilluminati.com there are more reference material on the viper build as well. (...). Looking good. I wish that there was all of these references available when I built mine a while back.

Way to go, you guys! :thumb: :thumb: That's a great contribution to a genius's work! :cool: :cool:

Gixergs

Well the references you guys passed on have obviously helped and work has started again although I think more reference material would be a help if some could be found.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 17

Gixergs

I think I saw the finished model in a Starship Modellers contest, very interesting to see the WIP pictures thank you for posting

Gixergs

Attachments

• aft-panel-4 copy.jpg
    aft-panel-4 copy.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 25
  • cockpit-blueprint copy.jpg
    cockpit-blueprint copy.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 22

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
WOW, I didn't know that. Thank you very much for the link! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I though I would embed most of the pics you linked to Revelle Fan. :)

IMAG0996.jpg

viper_mk_ii-sized.jpg

dscn0464.jpg

dscn0465.jpg
dscn0467.jpg

dscn0466.jpg

dscn0474.jpg

dscn0474.jpg

dscn0477.jpg

dscn0476.jpg

dscn0476.jpg

dscn0476.jpg

dscn0483.jpg

dscn0484.jpg

dscn0487.jpg

dscn0488.jpg

dscn0489.jpg

dscn0490.jpg

dscn0491.jpg

dscn0493.jpg

dscn0513.jpg

dscn0513.jpg

dscn0515.jpg

dscn0516.jpg

dscn0518.jpg

dscn0552.jpg

dscn0554.jpg

dscn0555.jpg

dscn0569.jpg

dscn0598.jpg

dscn0642.jpg

dscn0561.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Attachments

• 7b44.jpg
    7b44.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Viper_MK_II_in_Color_by_Paul_Muad_Dib.jpg
    Viper_MK_II_in_Color_by_Paul_Muad_Dib.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 18

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Just proves the old addage that you should never look to close at something you like.... those close up pics of the shooting prop show some uneven panels. but the kinda stuff ya need to build an accurate model.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just proves the old addage that you should never look to close at something you like.... those close up pics of the shooting prop show some uneven panels. but the kinda stuff ya need to build an accurate model.

That's battle-damage! :mrgreen:

Or one of the reasons why they kept the camera shaking all the time..! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Seriously, IMO these little inaccuracies add a lot to the realism of the things even if they are barely noticed in the film. You see it and it looks natural. That's why CGI effects and models tend to look unreal and artificial; they are simply too perfect. Adding these little inconsistencies makes them much more authentic. I'd love to see the original BSG on Blu-Ray; the Cylon costumes were hold together with silver tape! :p

Gixergs

More on the Viper by UHU02 and he got to do some fishing too, I hope he had a nice time and caught plenty.

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 31

Rogerio Silva

Making excellent better

I've noticed that whenever UHU02 :inw: goes fishing, when he returns, he finds a way to improve his models from fantastic to unbelievable! :mrgreen:
I just hope he'll do Lewis & Clark (Event Horizon) next! :twisted: sign1

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
According to the latest WIP pic his catch tasted GREAT! :mrgreen::thumb::cool: