zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Pictures, pictures galore!! :)

Last edited:

bruceuncle

bruceuncle
Don't know why, but I am not getting pictures in this thread anymore? Anyone else having this problem?
If you mean does anyone else not see the picture, then yes. All I get are placeholder icons and the file name. I'm using Chrome in Windows 10. Strangely the nodding cat clip comes up okay. But I assume that may be a GIF clip. Under it is a link to the clip, but note that it has ".jpg" tacked to the end of it that is not part of the link. The URL for which also ends with a ".jpg" extension - didn't know JPGs could encode video clips? Somewhat strange.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I think that this is because of either the DNS attacks or the platform transfer (or a combination of both).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
AAHH, I didn't see the date on the fist thread, a big duh on my part! :)

bruceuncle

bruceuncle
Oh lovely pictures! :) Really show off how intricate and well fitting these kits are. Can't wait to get stuck into my next two - the Hexapod and Drift Cobra. Just got to complete the Butterfly for my wife first. Which, naturally, comes after the household chores ;). The Butterfly is also rubber powered. The Hexapod and Drift Cobra have big clockwork style springs. I'll do a thread on them when I get there.
The detail and engineering on these models is quite extraordinary. Even the humble butterfly also has a plate with roller bearings to act as a thrust race when the motor is all wound up. Works perfectly and very smooth action. Hard to believe in a kit made out of plywood.
The kit even has a length of cord in it. This mystified me for a while as there's no cord visible in the finished model. Then I discovered it's included to assist in pulling the flat rubber bands through some impossibly narrow slots when assembling the motor. Now that really takes "everything included" claims to a new level!