Trucklover's Spring 07' Kitbuild Challenge

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hi guys, I am going to be building the Walthers N scale Coke Oven & Quencher to go with my Steel Mill Module.

Here is what it looks like:

09330000003806.gif

Here is the trackplan to show were the Coke Oven will be going:

Steel_Mill_Part_-_NO_RL.jpg

I just ordered the Coke Oven from Mike at Fifer Hobby but I have to wait for the 2 Rolling Mills I ordered from him to arrive from Walthers so he can ship them all at once. I should have the Coke oven by the end of April or early May.

Stay Tuned guys

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hi Guys, just an update, I should have the coke oven by mid next week so I can get started on this kitbuild :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Wow, gonna cut it close, if memory serves me right June 1st is the cut off!

HAH, that is a lil less then one month, plenty of time for me.:mrgreen: Should take me a few days at the most, im gonna take it slow like I did on the blast furnace build. Im also gonna weather it and make it look like my blast furnace after I build it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks guys, this thread will be the place to see the finished model after I am done so stay tuned.

Meanwhile, you guys can check out the progress of the Coke Oven Kitbuild HERE and see step-by-step progress shots of the build.

I have started work on the Kitbashed Rolling Mills for this months "Name Your Own Contest" photo contest. The catogory is Kitbuild and you can view the progress by clicking HERE

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Okay Guys, finished building the Coke Oven, here are the pics of the progress and finished model again HERE

Here are a few pics of the Weathered Coke Oven.

These are my entry pictures for the contest :mrgreen:

Coke_Oven_2.jpg

Coke_Oven_3.jpg

Coke_Oven_5.jpg

Coke_Oven_6.jpg

Coke_Oven_11.jpg

Coke_Oven_12.jpg

Coke_Oven_13.jpg

Coke_Oven_15.jpg

Coke_Oven_16.jpg

Coke_Oven_18.jpg

Dont mind all the HO scale stuff in the backround lol