Train consist

SD90

I'm still palying around with this, so any suggestions would be great. Here is a copy of a train consist, it is a westbound grain train, going from the upper staging yard, track #1, to the lower staging yard, track #5. (US1 to LS5) Along the way, who ever runs this will have to pick up 2 units in Field, ( CP6003 and CEFX123 from shop track #5 (S5) and take them to Golden, (L22) These 2 engines will be needed for a intercahnge train there. It sounds a bit comlicated, but it really isn't. The only info that you really need to worry about is how long the your train is, so you will know if you can fit in a siding or not, and if you have to lift or set off anything along the way. I just saw that spelling mistake too, it will have to be fixed on the next revision!

3.JPG

brakie

Perhaps you *may* want to include the tonnage of that train both empty and loaded? I toyed with this idea years ago when I had a N scale layout on a 36"x72" HC door..I decided to go with car cards.waybills for locals and wheel reports for through trains.

SD90

I thought about adding the tonnage for the train, but it doesn't really mean anything, for most of the model cars, they weigh the same empty as they do full. It would just be more numbers, and I am trying to keep the numbers and amount of info as little as possible. The real train consists are about 200-300 pages of info on about 7-10 different reports! Way too much info I think!

brakie

I see that I failed to mention why I was going to use tonnage. :eek:ops:
I was going to use tonnage of the train to assign motive power and how many locomotives I should use in the locomotive consist..My cars use the weight that comes with the cars but,still the train is made up of loads and empties according to our waybills,wheel reports and train consist sheet.And that as you know adds up to tonnage.