TOS Enterprise..Ron Caudillo

McGee

Cory
View attachment 148778 View attachment 148778 View attachment 148778 Many of you know my life is caring for Developmentally Disabled adults.
Without going to a long diatribe of the different avenues of creative and artistic, interactive activities Ive endeavored to involve them with, to give them opportunities to take pride in things theyve created, and be able to have their own work, displayed on 3D canvases, let me just present the next project, as an intermediary smaller project, that will fill the space, while the mega project is slowly being geared up for.
The following pictures are just a few samples of the coloring efforts of two different ladies, who both enjoy coloring and crafting.
These are the 1/720 scale templates and parts from TOS
Enterprise, designed by Ron Caudillo.
Once these are built up, reinforced, etc, I will make only a few embellishments.
The grilles on the pylon interiors will be covered over with that pattern printed onto just a clean medium grey paper, and the nacelle end caps replaced with a aluminum colored paper, and bussard caps will be acrylic domes over Ron's drawn parts intended to form the dome, having been colored to represent the orange, red glow.
Only a couple other surface details will be accented, otherwise all THEIR work.
Last year Ron was kind enough to take his color model of the Star Trek Bridge and isolate the color out, leaving only blank parts...or just the line work, to facilitate being able to have them hand colored by the folks at work.
Those pages have been printed, but are on the back burner.
I wont divulge the large scale project now, but I think youll like it.
I told Zathros that I would post progress pics of the builds, along with pics of the finished work, with their creators.
So here begins the Ron Caudillo TOS special editions projects.
Thank you kindly for your great work Ron.

Attachments

• WP_20160202_23_52_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160202_23_52_50_Pro.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 58
  • WP_20160202_23_52_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160202_23_52_23_Pro.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 52
  • WP_20160202_23_55_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160202_23_55_26_Pro.jpg
    728.2 KB · Views: 50
  • WP_20160202_23_54_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160202_23_54_41_Pro.jpg
    814.5 KB · Views: 49
  • WP_20160202_23_54_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160202_23_54_19_Pro.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 49
  • WP_20160202_23_53_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160202_23_53_36_Pro.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 50

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I remember when you first started this project. I am glad to see that you are still keeping with it. These are some very colourful starships! Please post photos of the finished builds. I am looking forward to seeing them.

McGee

Cory
Hello Rhaven.
They are VERY colorful eh? When I got the pages back from Juanita and saw that she had colored every single detail and panel, its own color, I thought WHOA MAN...THIS is going to look really AWESOME.
Im excited to see how they'll turn out. Thank you for your kind words.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I anxiously look towards seeing these built, especially Juanita's, as I think that would be the most coveted Starship in the Federation. What would a Klingon Battlecruiser think upon facing Juanita's Enterprise. Fear and trepidation, seeing an enemy coming to the battle with his (her) ship covered with the works of it's it's enemies Masters of Art, color, and perception. They would give up in fear of what they could not possible understand This parallels reality, when we mere humans see what Juanita has show us what she sees through her minds eye. Not an easy accomplishment.

You and Juanita are to be congratulated, and we would be honored to host the final templates to and of this model for you. If you so elect to do so, please include in the file an address, and that address in this thread , where people can send contributions of money to help you and what you do. :)

This thread is now a "STICKY". :)

McGee

Cory
Zathros, Im finally now able to sit down and respond to your messages on both this post and regarding the response about Mark's Rocket.
Thank you very much for your really really kind, and uplifting, words that are very inspiring and go a long way towards lighting a fire under my feet to keep me moving forward with these projects.
Do I understand you correctly, thatd you are saying you would like me to post the colored templates that Juanita colored, of the Enterprise, here as a colored version of that paper model, so that others can print and build her version?
If thats what you mean, I cant even begin to express how overwhelmed and grateful both Juanita AND I would be to have an honor like that.
I haven't begun hers yet, so the pages are still intact.
Let me know, and Id bebglad to do that. I know she would be more than happy, but I'll ask her just to keep everything on the upside.
Once again, thank you sooo much for your encouragement.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That's exactly what I ask if you would do, giving the credit it is due, of course. It would be our honor!

McGee

Cory
Hello and good day John.
Man that would be sooo awesome.
Absolutely.
I didnt have an opportunity to talj to her Friday, but I will Monday, and with her permission, and giving credit to her work, and Rons designing.
Thank you sooo much.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
This is an AMAZING project and I am happy to have a small part in it! I really look forward to seeing these build, talk about a recolor!!!!

Thanks for sharing; if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!

I also look forward to seeing the recolored pages posted. Just to restate, I HIGHLY encourage recolors (still waiting for a battle damaged version...hint hint), modifications, improvements, minor alterations, additions, etc to make the model better. I thoroughly realize that I have limitations and this is one way to overcome this. You may freely distribute your work and the resulting files (key word is FREE...no charging allowed). You may certainly give credit to yourself (or anyone appropriate) on the pages, but please keep me as the principle designer. I ask that you try to keep the original page layout intact, but I realize also that some parts rearranging may be required for your changes, additions, etc.

Please keep us updated on this wonderful project and it's progression. Also, give my sincere thanks and appreciation to the ladies who's work is represented in the pictures you attached.

Zathros, thanks for the honor of making this thread a "sticky"!

Best Regards,

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
well the only kind of recolor i can think of that i would want to do, would either be a complete black and chrome job or this weathering,--i highlighted some of the parts so you can see what i mean. i, myself love your bussard collectors and have used your design, i think its called ''petal'' like flower petals , for many many domes , just think they're great!11866p.jpg
i guess you might call this--''Smithsonian weathering''.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
it's nice that they are trying to get as accurate as they can to the 1966 production look. using color samples they know are from the original and all. they are doing the "Old Grey Lady" right this time.

spaceagent-9

well what i like is that they pulled some latex molds off of the whole thing, so 11 foot lit up enterprise displays are in the future!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
It still looks like it has faint panel lines, but that could be the mold supports coming out through the topside. I too am Happy they took rubber molds. I'd consider buying a ship made from these molds, who wouldn't! :)

spaceagent-9

it would be the elitist snob show piece wouldn't it? but it would have to be painted and lit up correctly. i was told that the gold panels on the top dish middle circle are the deflector grids, as in shield emitters. strange. i thought that the gridlines were the deflectors and the shields were shot out and formed a bubble from the navigational deflector.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
There are definitely panel lines on this. They jump out at you. Done smartly, not black lines, but the natural lines that occur when you put panels together.

spaceagent-9

makes me want to jump back on the horse and finish Ron's original pm. i think maybe some rust colored eye shadow from the dollar tree might be wet-brushed on for the weathering as in the video, maybe a dark blue-grey for the bridge circle and other shadowing?