Tornado rips though Jonesboro, Ar.

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
Last night a devastating F3 tornado ripped through the main merchant section of town and tore though several residential neighborhoods.
Lots of damage, but from the news this morning, only 7 injured and no deaths, but there are still people missing and some still trapped in their homes.

My brother posted on facebook a video shot today from a helicopter of the damage tract. But I can't get it to link. below is a vid shot during the storm yesterday.
First respondeners have come from as far as Mississippi to help search for the trapped and missing.

• Wow
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

ennder

Jul 26, 2008
Thank you RB. Most of the damage runs from the southwest to the northeast. I live on the northwest side. Just before the sirens went off here the big oak tree by the driveway got hit by lighting and the bark 2/3 of the way up exploded away from the tree. I may be able to save the lower part of the tree.... but I'll have to top it out to do so. :(

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Oh my God! First the virus and now this. I really hope the people are rescued and taken care of soon.

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
Tornadoes make me appreciate the dozen or more hurricanes I've been through in my life. Tornadoes and earthquakes, no thank you.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I hate Tornadoes. I am still fixing my roof from the tree that a Tornado dropped on on my house.