To Boldly go.... Wait! I've been here before....

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It is always interesting to see a builder include lighting in the project(s) that they work one. You are doing a great job on this project!

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Outstanding build!

You're really showing the potential of this kit.

Share any tips or observations of fit issues or adjustments, please. This is real informative!

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Thanks DC, I have found that the former discs need trimming when fitting, I also am not particularly wild about the joint in the secondary hull. I "patch"it with another piece from the template. I wonder about the location of this joint as well as it's the "break point"of the two weights (warp nacelles and saucer). Making sure this joint is strong is essential!

The other challenge is cutting holes for the wiring...

And here's the deflector attached

IMG_20200414_105406.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I was waiting for this point. It looks great!! I guess depending how you mount the model will determine how long it takes for that foam to give out. The problem with foam board is that the modulus of the foam is low, it is not structural foam. I'd still stick a Popsicle stick in there, with multiple cross pieces at the top and bottom, glued in securely. The foam would give you a great surface to epoxy to. It looks fantastic!! :)