Tie Phantom Design Thread

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Tonight I glued some parts together to see how they fut to each other.20211006_210346.jpg20211006_210359.jpg20211006_210423.jpg
As you can see the wings are bended. I gone think about a new way to fit them to keep them in the rught shape. I think to glue all parts seperate instead to make a long wing strip. Stil U can use these parts for further testung. I will keep you posted.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
And here are some new pictures. Started redrawing the wing I didn't like the first one.
Wing without the laser gun you can see the wing layer's and all the litle details.
Phantom_10.JPGPhantom_11.JPG

And here is the hyper drive engine I like the way how the drawing looks.
Again with lot's of details.
Phantom_08.JPGPhantom_09.JPG

Next update will be the rear end.
I hope you like it?

starbuck

Aug 15, 2013
Austria - Carinthia
I saw this fighter in the PC-game called "Rebel Assault II", which I still love to play.
If you edit your difficulty level you can not die in any mission, and with the enclosed cutscense it is like looking a Star Wars movie.

I like this special Tie. I have built the existing model (which is not very detailed) and added details.

-------------------
Your work is fantastic on this project :bowdown:
Really hard waiting to see the final fighter.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Thank you for these kind words starbuck. :yesyes:
Its a verry detailed model that I use, so I have lots of fun to draw this model. The last weeks I didn't spend much time on this project. I hope todo some drawing this weekend.

Reactions: Revell-Fan

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
And some new parts for the rear end of the model. Last pieces of the hyper drive engine.
This drawing is showing rear end of the big wing's. Im not sure how to call it but it looks like a radiotor.
I need to build two boxes, one wil be fit around the wing and the other will be fitted next to it.
To get the shape I have to fold some parts. (long black strip with some small strips under it)
Phantom_15.JPGPhantom_16.JPG
Below you see the upperside of the hyper drive. Also this looks like a radiotor.
Above I draw some slats (not sure if this is the correct word for it). To combine them I create some thickness and if all goes well
it is possible to glue them upright.
Phantom_17.JPG
Also I can use some parts from the tie sphere. But I'm thinking to redraw them, so they match up with the model
Phantom_13.JPG
And the last part is the hyper drive exhaust. I like the bright cloror.
Phantom_14.JPG
Next will be the cockpit. I hope to fit two chairs in it if not it will be a one seater.
Gone try to create a look a like tie fighter interior.

Well that's it for today. Till next time.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I did some browsing and its hard to find some pictures of the Phantom interior. Even there are two versions of seat set up.
I will use the rebel assault II setup. I guess pilot right front and gunner rear left.
In the right picture the seat setup is wrong but the rear wall is useable
Inter_10.jpgInter_01.jpg
I also found a picture from the Anigrand 1/144 kit showing the control setup.
Phantom_19.JPGPhantom_20.JPG
Below some pictures from the interior with the wrong seating.
Inter_06.jpgInter_05.jpg
And this is how the interior looks from LEGO. Pilot front right seat and gunner rear left
Phantom_20.jpgPhantom_19.jpg
I will go for the Anigrand interior with the rear wall from the rebel assault II picture and I will complete it with a touch of mijob.
I have to say it looks like creating the interior is more difficult than the model.

But stay tuned......

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
@mijob I have faith in you and your skills and abilities to be able to pull this one off! I know that you will do a fine job on this!!!
I am looking forward to seeing how this will turn out!

Reactions: mijob