Thursday Dees and Cees!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

I finished weathering the caboose office by hitting it with a wash and Dullcoating it.

DC or DCC?

Simple letters but a complex issue.

Right now I am DC only. I have been spending most of my time getting the layout up and running and getting some scenery on the Great Pink Desert. Now that things are progressing nicely I am begining to think about DCC. I will tell you that when I start reading about it I at times feel like I am back in college and come down with a major headache. I then find something else to work on or read about. I do realize that I will be shortly having to learn about it and overcome my fear of sodering.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I actually do both. DCC at my club, and DC on my home layout.

I currently now have 6 DCC locomotives, one with sound! :thumb: That's having speaker problems... :cry: and who knows how many DC locomotives! (not me, that's for sure! :eek:ops: )

C

Catt

At the moment I am DC only.I have a DCC system but no time or inclination to set it up.I'm having way to much fun doing other hobby related things. :D

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Yes... ;) :D

I have some engines with DCC (sound and no sound), and several other engines that I am thinking about "decoderizing", but am not sure if it is worth the effort.

The modular club I run with, as well as almost all round-robin operators, are DCC - the majority are Digitrax, with a few Lenz.

Andrew

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
DC now, and in the foreseeable future. I either have to spend time an money to convert some of my 60-odd engines, (many older ones aren't that convertible, some newer ones aren't worth the effort), or I spend a lot of money aquiring engines that are DCC equipped or DCC-ready. If I were into ops, I'd probably consider it, but my enjoyment is in the scenery and structures; right now, running trains is secondary to that.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
DCC on my club engines, DC on my home engines with no plans to go DCC on any future home layout. DCC's great stuff but, it's a hard enough expenditure to get a locomotive, only to look at it and feel it isn't somehow complete 'til I fork over $35 for a decent chip.

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
DC for me. Like ezdays, I have too many locos to spend time and money converting. I'd rather build structures or do scenery. Besides I am a one-man operation so I have no need for DCC. It is cool however...maybe after I retire.