Status
Not open for further replies.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You can find a copy at www.papermodelers.com

Dealing with papermodelers.com is like walking into your home, and realizing you stepped in dog shit.

I did not initiate that thread.

Texman is completely wrong with his many assertions. He was not banned, his account was automatically inactivated due to inactivity. We had a general amnesty 3 years ago, but that does not activate people who are deleted for inactivity. His summation of the rules is just plain false.

Texman, you were not banned.You got your spurs pointing backwards on that point, and quite a few others.

That's all I have to say. None of the restrictions mentioned are true. This is disinformation. What is true is you, Rickstef, have allowed your prize member,no, not that one, to post UHU's passwords, openly.

That's on you Rickstef.

Oh, by the way, that's not my name, and I have never been banned from any forum except P.M..com, and that was a blessing. There is a God.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
I had a read through the paper-modellers thread. I think it can be summed up as - jealous.

Also people who don't have the patience to read the UHU appreciation thread. Gaining access to his library was one of the reasons I joined Zealot, with hindsight it wouldn't have mattered as all the people here are streaks ahead of some of the posters of paper-modellers.

Full marks for @Rhaven Blaack for standing up for this forum in "a den of lions" :)

I drifted away from papermodelers and hardly ever go there. Why when there is this forum? :)

Long live the Zealot! ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You summed that up far better than I could have. Next time, if there is a next time, I'm consulting you! :)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I think it can be summed up as - jealous.
Threads like these do not do any good and are totally useless. The people involved should ask the really important questions instead. That's all I have to say on this matter.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Rhaven, great post. I doubt any will come over to see for themselves, they would have to face the reality the joined a mob of mass hysteria. For those members of Zealot who shone like a Lighthouse through the fog, Thank You, the forum as a whole Thank You. I personally will never bother with that forum again.

They do not exist as far as I am concerned. It's just not worth it. I can't even post there to defend myself. I did not start that thread, I had no way of answering the lies posted. They have let a two people there ruin what basically is or was, a great forum. I don't know why they don't see this. It's their problem. Funny how their moderators have asked me for UHU's passwords and I have given it to them, but not one of them mentioned that.

Not one person on our moderating staff of ZEALOT is a moderator at Papermodelers.com or on their staff, that is an outright lie, just as none of our staff is staff on Papermodelers.com. That's just one of many. Rhaven touched on quite a few of them. Especially the fact the Rickstef still has not deleted the post that contains the password, then he writes to Diderick, whom I had given the passwords years ago, (and again), not to share them, as Diderick offers too, exactly what UHU has asked not to do, but the passwords are still up!!! This is the hypocrisy so common in that forum that it's members think it is the norm. You will never see any of UHU's posts at Papermodelers.com, as they have been deleted.

This should be over, but the divide is insurmountable, that will not change. There are people there who are haters. They are not welcome here. Also, there are some that are like sheep, and follow a personality cult. If they wandered over here, they would find greener pastures, and bigger fields, with themselves as their leaders. There is no "cult of Zathros". I delegate almost all of the forum to our excellent staff. I don't need to check their decisions, as they do them well enough, just what I would do, though we corroborate often. The mistake is they believe I run this forum single handily. They come up with new ideas for new sections that set this forum apart. Nothing left to say on my part. We have a great forum. Facts are Facts, but that kind of hateful thread could not even happen here, it wouldn't flourish.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thank you, both. I wanted to be more aggressive, but I figured what I had written was enough. I know that I will be attacked both in open forum and in PM.
I will be surprised if anyone comes here to really check out the forum.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I hope not. Well, at least only those who would benefit, and find comfort here. At least they would learn fast they can express themselves, and not be picked on. We do seem to have a higher than average intelligent group here. ;)

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
"We do seem to have a higher than average intelligent group here. ;)" - fooled someone then :)

@Rhaven Blaack ; your post was perfect, stated the facts in calm logical manner without sinking to their level. If no-one visits from PM (believing those posts) it's no loss, the real Zealots will find their way here :)

That said hopefully some open minded people will take a look and see what we're all about, and not buy the BS that's been written about Zealot

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'm not telling anyone to cancel their membership. As individuals, you do what you want. I was a member their for many years. I have no understanding why these attacks start. Airdave is always involved, and he is enabled by the Administrator Rickstef. It's always those two people. Others, most of whom I don't know, jump in. Other whom I have know, and at the time had good relations when I was a member there, have joined have joined this mob mentality. It's ironic that after they get out their vitriol hatred, pouncing on the great model designer UHUO2's methodology, and even the quality and method of his builds and design, they then focus their hatred towards me. I become this evil leader of a group of people who cannot think for themselves. You are members of The Cult of Zathros.

None of these people have ever approached me and asked for help. Many who have commented are strangers to me. Others have asked and I have helped them. One person there (Diderick) even posted that he looked in his inbox and found a message I sent him with the passwords a couple of years ago, before and after he then make nasty posts. He then offers to share the passwords with anyone. I have deleted his account for this violation, it's in the Rules and Policies, no second chances on that one. I have deleted the accounts of those people there who find this forum so horrible. If they feel that way, they have no business here. This is a private forum. It has it's rules, base on commonsense, and 99.9% of our membership does not seem to have a problem. Nobody's posts are deleted unless they violate a rule, and they are notified. Anybody can EDIT their own post at anytime, something you cannot do at Papermodelers.com, you have around 15 minutes and that's it, and our posts change as the original posters feel is necessary, but that is not me or the staff doing it. The list of lies, especially those posed by Texman is absolutely unfounded.

I do not want these vermin infesting our forum. I should never have responded but was bombarded with so many P.M.'s from members of Papermodelers.com, who are members here also, pointing to that thread, I felt compelled to respond. I have no way to contacting anyone over there to ask them to stop, or to tell them they have it wrong. UHU would not respond to any requests there. His posts have been deleted as the only post he made was blaming Airdave and Papermodelers for openly sharing their work. I believe the statement was "he gives his work away for free anyways", it was something along those lines, used as justification that their members could openly share his work.

Rickstef's diatribe was his attempt to put his finger into the dyke to stop the leak. Judging by the size of his post, he would have to put his head in by now. The hatred always starts at that forum. He is always in the mob, his presence validates it. There is no peaceful coexistence, and will be none. I personally had not visited that site in years. I only visited to read the latest hatred and animosity they were posting. I applaud the people who tried to put some common sense in that thread. They were casting Pearls to swine though. Their comments were ignored. This situation is squarely the Administrators fault and is why I stated "He should fall on his sword", meaning, it's time for him to stop down, become a member, leave, I don't care, he's not welcome here, that's for sure, and someone else should Administrate that forum which could be a great forum if they weened out the haters, something the present Administrator is too much of a coward to do.

I, as a person, have a right to respond to the vitriol statements made about me and my mental status by people who do not even know me. I have the right to respond and I am. If someone does not like it, then tough shit, chew harder. They don't have to be here, they are not wanted, and this community is just fine. I am accessible, and answer every P.M. sent to me, and I get a lot. Most are just communications of a friendly sort. Nobody is banned because of a mistake, and everyone knows that. I don't need to explain myself to members of this forum because they know me. I sure as Hell not need to explain myself to another forum bent out on this forum's destruction, though I have. I needed to respond. I am a person. I was attacked by a gang of fools. They do this around every 3 years or so. I don't know why because I am not a member there, do not mention that forum here, and have nothing to do with them. If they hate UHO2's methodology of distributing models, the don't try and get them, it's that simple. They do not have a right to UHUO2's models.

scifimodelfan

May 10, 2011
Worcester, MA
I thanked Rhaven in a PM over there because I hated the bashing they were giving to Zealot and Zathros. Gave him credit for posting his comments on the thread. He was logical calm and insightful to them all. There is such a huge hate in some of the comments and the need to spread it to others that are upset that they can not figure out the password. Seems that very time a thread opens in regards to uhu02 model site it always goes back to the bashing of Zealot. Personally I was going to make a comment but the thread was locked down. Probably a good thing in the end. Also thanks to Rhaven I am back in here (I did not even think that he could help me) as I have been locked out of this site for ages now. No matter what I did to try and re set my password it always came up with an error so sad to say I gave up. So glad to be back again.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I thanked Rhaven in a PM over there because I hated the bashing they were giving to Zealot and Zathros. Gave him credit for posting his comments on the thread. He was logical calm and insightful to them all. There is such a huge hate in some of the comments and the need to spread it to others that are upset that they can not figure out the password. Seems that very time a thread opens in regards to uhu02 model site it always goes back to the bashing of Zealot. Personally I was going to make a comment but the thread was locked down. Probably a good thing in the end. Also thanks to Rhaven I am back in here (I did not even think that he could help me) as I have been locked out of this site for ages now. No matter what I did to try and re set my password it always came up with an error so sad to say I gave up. So glad to be back again.
welcome back :Drinks: I too was locked out of here for nearly a year, and with a little help from RB I got back in too. can't say enough good things about Admin and Mods here.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com

Welcome back! I am glad that I was able to help!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I wonder why the forum's software did that. The old VBulletin software had not been maintained properly when the forum was purchased updates were applied before other necessary updates. The forum was going to crash, and Sanjay, at much expense, purchased the Xenforo package for us. Rhaven and myself (mostly Rhaven) transferred the data that could not be transferred automatically. It was tons of work, and that's when I knew Rhaven would be the one taking over this forum when I eventually cannot do it any longer. In essence, he runs it now too, as I delegate everything to our moderating staff. I do not run this forum as portrayed by some. I delegate everything, and a lot of changes done here were ideas from the staff and members too. I have mad and always will myself accessible and answer every P.M. I get. I am not some person or "cult" leader that has to be approached, and if members feel comfortable contacting other moderators, well that's what they are there fore. I think this forum works well. It's expanding, and the expansion is with quality. I personally believe that Administrating a forum is best done with delegating the responsibilities with the moderating staff. We get much more feedback, are constantly in touch with each other, and can nip trouble in the bud. No member has ever been banned for making a mistake, but truth be told, I did ban a couple.

If they hate this forum so bad, and haven't been here in over two years, then why give them access? Inactive member will have their accounts deleted. This does not include members who join because they want to see the build threads and models. I have people who joined and have sent me P.M.'s saying they just wanted the experience of seeing all the build threads and commenting now and then. That is fine with me. If someone goes on another forum and bashes this forum, well, their gone. This is a private forum and if you don't want to be here, just leave and forget about us. It's no big deal, all the way around. Not all forums are for everybody.

We have such a fine group of people here, I think there is some jealousy going on. Everyone gets along, we allow people to post whatever it is they build. We are open to ideas, and different building medium's. Just look at Blackadder's Massive Titan build thread, fabricated from sheets of different plastics. UHU is here, and the just drives then nuts.

This kind of reminds me of "Veruca Salt" in "Willy Wonkda and the Chocolate Factory". "Daddy, I want a Squirrel"..............." Don't touch that squirrel's nuts, It'll make em' crazy!" . Then they both go down the garbage chute, and the Squirrels go back to what they are doing. Some kind of analogy in there. The players seem obvious. We're back to doing what we're doing. We also got rid of a few bad nuts. :)

Squirrel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
I wanted to post over there several times but I knew I would get blasted. I usually write/speak directly and logically without sugar-coating and many people get offended by that, so I kept my keyboard silent. Any time Zathros may have slapped my wrists we communicated and all is good. I consider him a good friend and he knows he is in my daily prayers. I hated seeing Uhu02 and Zathros get trolled for no reason, but I knew that engaging them only gave a reason to troll further. It was amazing the hatred spewed in those threads and then the back-slapping about how wonderfully they handled themselves. The threads should have been closed quickly to prevent the vitriol, but I guess that was the intention and it continued for quite a while.

This is why I highly value membership in this forum. If someone rants like that here, it only lasts until the staff finds it, then it stops. That type of behavior is not tolerated here. For the evil ogre that is Zathros, we sure have probably the most civil forum around. Isn't it amusing that you frequently find people who charge for their work troll others who give away their work (of higher quality, no less)?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I wanted to post over there several times but I knew I would get blasted. I usually write/speak directly and logically without sugar-coating and many people get offended by that, so I kept my keyboard silent. Any time Zathros may have slapped my wrists we communicated and all is good. I consider him a good friend and he knows he is in my daily prayers. I hated seeing Uhu02 and Zathros get trolled for no reason, but I knew that engaging them only gave a reason to troll further. It was amazing the hatred spewed in those threads and then the back-slapping about how wonderfully they handled themselves. The threads should have been closed quickly to prevent the vitriol, but I guess that was the intention and it continued for quite a while.

This is why I highly value membership in this forum. If someone rants like that here, it only lasts until the staff finds it, then it stops. That type of behavior is not tolerated here. For the evil ogre that is Zathros, we sure have probably the most civil forum around. Isn't it amusing that you frequently find people who charge for their work troll others who give away their work (of higher quality, no less)?

You've got a full plate. No reason to add stress to something in the scheme of things does not matter. I'm happy you didn't post. I am satisfied with whatever actions any member of this forum took or didn't. You are all adults and do what you wish. I am not going to close this thread. That way, next time, and there will be a next time, we can all chuckle, and see how small their circles have run. Sometimes, peoples run in circles so small, they think they have seen it all. It's all good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.