This is for my Son David

shamus

Registered Member
My Son David is a computer wizzkid who spends all day at his self employed business, then comes home and writes programmes for various companies. In fact if he could marry a computer, he would.
:D
That by the way is the name of his company.

Shamus

Attachments

• david.jpg
    david.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 277

alkcnw

Hey Shamus, by the looks of the car and truck, and the building design I don't think computers were invented yet.:eek:

shamus

Registered Member
My Railroad is in a time tunnel from the early 40's throught to the late 70's. If I want to back date it, or go forward in time I just change the rolling stock and some of the structures, and have fun.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I like the store! Personal references to family and friends are a fun layout addition. I have a ready-mix company named after friends whose outrageouly long and steep set of concrete steps leading to their house has given me plenty of exercise. I've named a bike shop after another friend who rides all the time, and my wife Susan likes to point out "Susan's Quilts" which is located right next door to "my" hobby shop. :)
What other kinds of tributes have you all made on your railroads?
Ralph

rockislandmike

No businesses yet, but my largest urban center on my current layout is named after our recently departed cat named Edward; and my canyon region is named after our sheltie Timber.

Shamus,

My stepson is the same way. As a matter of fact i think he did marry his!
If this seen was on my layout that would be me in the delivery truck bringing in more puters for him to work on. Looks like that rear wheel finally fell off. He's wishing i'd get that broke down old truck fixed and off the lot 'cause it's cramping his hitech style.
He can't complain about the building though, I own it and "leased" it to him for free. ;)

t.

In the town of Millers Creek on my CM&S, I have "Johnson's Cider Mill," home of "Blondie's Applejack." It's named for a former neighbor and good friend who the rest of us in the neighborhood claimed could outdrink anyone - man or woman. And she usually could.. until the night she met my wife and Schnapps. Lost that one..... :D :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Cider Mill is a scratchbuilt structure based on an E.L. Moore article that appeared in RMC in the late 70's.

Drew1125

It's nice to see high-tech moving into the timber industry, Shamus! :D Very nice work, & a neat little scene.:cool:

My little N scale switching layout is called the Four Sisters Branch...it's an industrial branch of my fictional Kentucky & Indiana RR. Everything on the layout is named after my four daughters. (hence the name of the branchline. :) )

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Our railway is named for all the members (Friends) - but the newest addition is the "caverns" that our Ore train serves. Kelly's Kaverns - named for one of our members's Daughter

Pretty neat work, Shamus!! :)

Pooh Bah
The main station on my railway is Exeter - St. Dayle's. Named after my wife who grew up in a town called Exeter.
(The English on TheGauge will get the joke.)
She asks where the scenery is -- "It's all tracks."

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Another great structure Shamus which I am sure is located somewhere in the Badger Creek area.
Naming buildings after others is fun. All my recent ones are named after NARA members.