The passing of a Legend, Chuck Yeager has died at 97.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
God speed Chuck, may you fly higher than ever in Heaven.
Montani Semper Liberi

tSgmpo8nhsoredr ·
Chuck Yeager, the West Virginian pilot who broke the sound barrier, has died at age 97.
"The fastest man alive," was a United States Air Force officer, flying ace, and record-setting test pilot. In 1947, he became the first pilot in history confirmed to have exceeded the speed of sound in level flight.
Yeager's career began in World War II as a private in the United States Army Air Forces in 1941, where he flew 64 missions and shot down 13 German planes. After being shot down himself in March of 1944 over France, Chuck evaded capture and returned to the US where he became renowned as an instructor and test pilot, only to later return to service.
Chuck logged an astounding 10,131.6 hours in some 361 different types and models of military aircraft over the course of his career, earning him the nation's highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
West Virginia salutes you, Chuck!
1f64f_1f3fc.png
♥
✈

chuck-yeager-524137874.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for posting this. He was my hero. He was many people's hero. The best of many generations, God called him home. What a life this man head and lead. A rock, brave, yet humble. Personally, upon hearing of his death, I felt like something inside me dropped. I am happy to have been alive during the life of such a man. A real American hero, to have been alive during the so many things he did! :)